- June 15, 2023
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
Sodexo Live! and Ascot Racecourse have announced the extension of their hugely successful venue partnership for a further 11 years.
Since 1998, Sodexo Live! has provided catering and hospitality services at the racecourse and has taken pride in creating exceptional experiences for racegoers all year round.
As part of the new contract, Sodexo Live will be introducing several exciting new initiatives. These are focused around several key pillars that are close to both organisations, including empowering their people, protecting the planet and innovation in food.
The initiatives include:
- Ascot Hospitality Academy – The industry leading hospitality academy will allow colleagues at Ascot the opportunity to improve their technical, service, and operating skills. The structured training programme will support career development and progression while also attaining industry recognised certifications across a range of disciplines.
- Royal Ascot pop ups and lounge menu – Sodexo Live! will support Ascot in the growth, development, and expansion of its Royal Ascot brand by showcasing Royal Ascot’s signature food and drink offering in Sodexo Live! venues and airport lounges in key global markets through a range of pop up offers and Royal Ascot items on menus.
- Sustainability – As a committed partner of Ascot’s sustainability initiatives, Sodexo Live! has pledged to support a wide range of projects, including reviewing all food and drink offers to mitigate impacts on the planet, support biodiversity and habitats, and continue to manage waste and recycling as a 0% to landfill venue.
- Food and Wine Festival – Sodexo Live! and Ascot are working together to develop a leading food and wine festival to support a race weekend within the annual racing calendar. Programming for the event will include food pop-ups for national and international restaurants, masterclasses hosted by celebrity chefs, artisan food producers, and sustainable product lines.
One of the highlights of the venue partnership between Sodexo Live! and Ascot Racecourse is Royal Ascot, which has been the pinnacle of the British summer social calendar for centuries.
ALSD International 2023 is being hosted at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, October 9-10, with Sodexo Live! one of the main event sponsors. Optimising revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions is the key focus of this industry-leading event, with architecture & design, fan experience, hospitality, premium seating, sustainability and technology taking centre stage.
Each year, the Sodexo Live! team pushes the boundaries of fine dining and food to deliver the best in hospitality and retail, with Royal Ascot racegoers able to dine on exquisite menus from Michelin-starred chefs. Royal Ascot 2023 offers a truly stellar line-up with a collective 10 Michelin stars, 2 Green Michelin stars and 28 AA Rosettes.
With thousands of racegoers each day at Royal Ascot, Sodexo Live! recruits and manages over 3,000 team members and maintains high service standards through its award-winning training academy.
Royal Ascot 2023 – which runs from 20-24 June – is set to be one of the most special yet. It will both celebrate and remember Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s immense love of horse racing and welcome the reign of His Majesty King Charles III.
Rebecca Kane Burton, CEO of Sodexo Live! UK&I, said:
Renewing a contract of this scale with one of the world’s most prestigious sporting venues is huge testament to the commitment and passion that the teams bring to this enduring partnership.
We are delighted to be embarking on the next leg of our journey towards true innovation and forward-thinking delivery with the team at Ascot Racecourse.
With Royal Ascot just round the corner, we are excited to launch fresh concepts and welcome new partners in fine dining. We aim to always push the boundaries in food and create memories that will last a lifetime.
All credit to the Sodexo Live! and Ascot teams who will once again collaborate to create best-in-class moments around the hallowed race track. Each and every one of us are also proud to be working on the first Royal Ascot for our new monarch King Charles III.
Sodexo Live! operates at Ascot under the 1711 By Ascot brand as the dedicated in-house catering division of the racecourse, the 1711 By Ascot team delivers world-class food, beverage and service across both racedays and events throughout the year.
Jonathan Parker, Managing Director of 1711 By Ascot, said:
Sodexo Live! has been providing catering services at Ascot since 1998 and has once again demonstrated that it remains best equipped to provide the unique quality and range of hospitality expected by visitors to Ascot.
I want to express my gratitude to the Sodexo Live! team for everything they have delivered to date. We are excited to continue working in partnership in this new long term joint venture.
Sodexo Live! is behind other major events this summer, providing fantastic culinary experiences, such as the Henley Regatta, as well as at amazing venues such as Newcastle United, Hampden Park in Glasgow and the iconic Thames river cruise Bateaux London.
Source & imagery, courtesy: Sodexo Live!
Sports Venue Business organises and delivers ALSD International – the leading event and 365 community for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector – on behalf of the Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD).
ALSD International 2023 is taking place at Etihad Stadium this October, with venue tours complimenting the high-level conference, exhibition and networking events. This year’s edition will feature the inaugural Tech Symposium and a Fan Experience breakout being delivered by IIFX.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments