- May 6, 2022
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club has an exciting vacancy for an experienced and dynamic event focused Sales Manager to be based out of the Club’s headquarters in Lilywhite House. The successful candidate will be focused on securing event sales through face-to-face meetings and over the telephone.
The key responsibility is to manage and support the development of a fast-paced team and contribute to the commercial development of London’s newest and most flexible event venue.
You will maximise sales across 15 major events spaces at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The nature of events include: meetings, conferences, exhibitions, private events and brand activations for 20-10,000 guests.
Due to the nature of the role, the position will include shift-work to include mornings, evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays, so a flexible candidate is sought.
The 2022 edition of ALSD International is being hosted at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this September and will focus on optimising revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions, with Architecture & Design, Customer Experience, Hospitality, Premium Seating, Rebuilding & Recovery, Sales & Service, Sustainability and Technology some of the key pillars.
- Deliver on individual and team sales targets
- Manage delivery of targeted initiatives to secure maximum sales
- Represent the Club positively at match days, PR events, exhibitions and conferences, with a view to maximising sales
- Identify, proactively instigate and conduct client meetings/interactions via research and telesales
- Negotiate closure of all sales and manage handover to event operational team
- Deliver timely sales reports to line manager
- Track weekly performance against agreed targets and manage sales pipeline
- Support the Client Services Team during periods of peak activity, as required
- Lead the THFC Sales Team in absence of line manager
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal and networking skills
- Gifted negotiator and influencer with the ability to work autonomously
- Creative, energetic and target driven
- Thrives under pressure
- Can work under own initiative but is a supportive team member
- Strong personal work ethic
- Leadership ability
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience within a senior sales role.
- Experience within entertainment and events venues is essential for this role
- A strong track record in sales and consistently exceeding individual targets
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both clients and the sales team
- Have a consultative selling approach to both new and existing customers
- Consistently exceeds activity levels and KPIs
- Expertise in developing sales strategies and developing new business
- Excels in strategic prospecting and can nurture relationships at executive level.
- Presentation-writing skills
Confirmed speakers for this September’s ALSD International event include Tottenham Hotspur Venue Director, Andy O’Sullivan, and CTO / Head of Technology, Sanjeev Katwa.
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous English Premier League football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model focused on building a platform for long-term success, which includes a new world-class stadium.
THFC has created an unrivalled sport and entertainment destination for London with a multi-use stadium capable of staging major sporting and non-sporting events, including NFL, rugby and concerts, as well as Tottenham Hotspur matches.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium offers stunning event spaces, which provide the perfect location for businesses and organisations from around the world to showcase their work to the UK’s capital city.
To find out more or to apply, click here.
Sports Venue Business organises & delivers ALSD International, the leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, with a focus on optimising revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions, on behalf of the Association of Luxury Suite Directors…
…the 2022 event will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition showcasing industry-leading products & services, networking events and a behind-the-scenes tour of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, sponsored by Levy UK + Ireland.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments