- February 10, 2022
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which now includes a new world-class stadium that opened in March 2019. The ‘Sales Manager – Event Day Sales’ role is based out of the Club’s headquarters in Lilywhite House.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (THFC) has enjoyed strong commercial revenue growth over the last five years and continued growth is critical to the Club’s ambitions, particularly as it seeks to cement its position in the elite of English and European football, both on and off the pitch.
The Premium Sales team, within which the role is based, sources and engages customers to buy premium experiences. Packages range from seasonal memberships and executive suites to matchday sponsorships and premium seats, and clients include companies or individuals.
The ‘Sales Manager – Event Day Sales’ role is based out of the Club’s headquarters in Lilywhite House. Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the role will be focused on developing and executing the sales strategy for the Club’s gameday premium packages and Third-Party Bowl Events, including NFL, concerts and rugby.
Due to the nature of the role, the position will involve shift-work to include mornings, evenings, weekends and/or Bank Holidays, so a flexible candidate is sought.
To successfully develop and execute Premium sales plans for THFC game day packages and Third Party Bowl events at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium that maximise revenue and profit.
To work closely with the sales team to secure maximum sales across premium offerings for game day package sales and Third-Party events, in line with company culture.
To meet or exceed individual and team sales targets, including sell-out of Premium Suite and Seat offerings.
To be the lead Premium sales contact within the Club for Third Party event owners.
- Work closely with Sales Managers and the Premium Ticketing Manager on strategy and inventory management for the sale of the game day packages for Tottenham Hotspur first team events
- Support the Commercial Manager and Head of Third-Party Events in representing Tottenham Hotspur’s interests in discussions with third-party event owners
- Closely manage relationships with key stakeholders at third party event owners
- Ensure strong internal and external relationship management (Ops, Sales, Marketing, Event execution)
- Collaborate with the other Sales Managers to ensure that the sales and membership teams are actively promoting our third-party events and maximising THFC game day sales
- Prepare accurate and timely reports for senior management and event owners
- Track weekly performance against agreed targets and manage sales pipeline
- P&L responsibility for Premium sales for third party bowl events
- Identify and proactively instigate and conduct client meetings/interactions
- Negotiate closure of sales and manage handover to Membership Services Team
- Manage delivery of targeted initiatives to secure maximum sales
- Deliver on individual Premium sales targets
- Represent the Club positively at match days, events, exhibitions and conferences, with a view to maximising sales
- Lead the Sales Team if Commercial Manager is absent
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Gifted negotiator and influencer
- Creative, energetic and target driven
- Thrives under pressure
- Can work under own initiative but is a supportive team member
- Strong personal work ethic
- Able to work autonomously and ‘take the lead’
- Adapts quickly to new opportunities, new challenges and changing priorities
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in sales and consistently exceeding individual targets (evidence and references required)
- Consistently exceeds activity levels and KPIs
- Expertise in developing sales strategies and generating new business
- Excels in strategic prospecting at executive level.
- Presentation-writing skills
- Exceptional network of contacts
- Expert knowledge of the premium experience market
- Is highly adept at Consultative selling
- Understanding of the commercial landscape within the sports, music, and entertainment sectors
- Ability to think through commercial opportunities and challenges with creativity
- Proven experience in building and managing positive relationships with senior industry contacts
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with a proven ability to achieve success when working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
For further information and to apply, click here.
Sports Venue Business organises & delivers ALSD International, the leading event & 365 community for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, focused on increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions, on behalf of the Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD).
The 2021 hybrid edition was hosted by Liverpool Football Club and featured a high-level conference, an exhibition showcasing industry-leading products & services, as well as networking events at Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. The 2022 event will be announced in the coming days!
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments