- December 2, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
Tottenham Hotspur is a world-famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centred around building a platform for long-term success, which now includes a new world-class stadium. The Club is seeking a Head of Third Party Events who will be responsible for the end-to-end procurement and delivery of the third-party events, including conference and events.
The Club has enjoyed strong commercial revenue growth over the last five years and continued growth is critical to the Club’s ambitions, particularly as it seeks to cement its position in the elite of English and European football, both on and off the pitch. The development of the Club’s property and events portfolio is a key component of this – working across the business to create and deliver strong commercial returns.
Reporting directly to the Venue Director, this role will be responsible for the end-to-end procurement and delivery of the third-party events (ticketed and non-ticketed), including conference and events, across Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and other Club real estate assets.
To ensure substantial growth in profitable revenue managing the development, implementation and execution of key commercial stadium/campus-wide ventures and projects, ensuring maximum use of the year-round event calendar.
To successfully develop and execute commercial third-party event (ticketed and non-ticketed) projects that have a positive impact across the Club’s commercial programme, delivering both profitable revenue growth and commercial value to showcase the Venues and team-controlled venue flexibility.
To mange a team of commercial executives promoting and selling the wider Club event and real estate assets (Stadium, Lodge, and Training Facility).
Develop long term staging agreements with appropriate key event owners and partners such as, Saracens, Music Promoters, etc,
Maximise positive publicity opportunities for the Venue / Event owner for these events.
Andy O’Sullivan, Venue Director, Tottenham Hotspur, is a member of the newly-formed ALSD International Advisory Board, with members set to discuss the latest challenges, best practices, developments and tackle member questions on all aspects of increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations and Service Expansions.
- Search and develop opportunities for 3rd party events at the Stadium – e.g. Rugby, Concerts, International Governing Body Events. Take full responsibility as the business lead between potential operators and the Club’s Senior Leadership Team & Board
- Represent Club in conversations with key third parties
- Defining and embed a process for event approval (both ticketed and non-ticked events)
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of these events ensuring clear, proactive communication both internally and externally
- Ensure strong internal and external relationship management (Ops, Sales, Marketing, Event execution)
- Lead a team of commercial executives to deliver each event access across the Clubs portfolio of opportunities
- Source, negotiate and bring through to completion, business / hire agreements. Search / develop opportunities for Club’s property portfolio in addition to stadium e.g. Go-karting in basement car park, radio station in Paxton Square, Live Events on the South Podium, non-matchday event opportunities – 365-day year-round business revenue
- Recruit, train and lead a team of Sales Executive’s to meet the Clubs ambitions for all Venue Hire growth opportunities (C&E, Full Bowl Hire, Exhibitions, Small Scale Live Events, etc)
- Promote, provide support and input to Clubs partnership activities, participate in internal and external meetings concerning these matters
- Take a leading role in assessing relevant Event business proposals for the Club, taking in to account the internals needs of all Club Departments
- P&L responsibility ensuring a safe, cost-effective, world-class events
- Identify, share, and action market innovations, emerging trends, and market insights
- Working with existing opportunities, turning these into Long Term Staging Agreements (LTSA’s), whilst continually identifying new events to replace those converted in to LTSA’s
- Develop knowledge of the contractual process and law for Event related contracts
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Has a hunger for commercial success, a great negotiator
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Able to work autonomously and ‘take the lead’
- Adapts quickly to new opportunities, new challenges and changing priorities
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Responds positively and delivers under pressure
- Self-reliant, with great drive and energy
Skills & Experience
- Expert understanding of the commercial landscape within the sports, music and entertainment sectors
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of success in booking large scale conference, exhibition, music and sporting events
- Has experience, knowledge and understanding of working with local and national government offices, as well as 106 agreements, to ensure a successful event delivery, meeting the expectations of all stake holders
- Has a track record of delivering successful profitable third-party events, which can be demonstrated through full P&L responsibility
- Project Managed/lead large, ticketed events (30,000 + attendees)
- Proven experience in identifying, negotiating and contracting non-football large, ticketed events including concerts.
- Extensive experience with dealing with promoters and artists
- Experienced people manager, with experience of directly managing multiple functions.
- Experience is driving a Conference & Events (MICE) Sales Function
- Demonstrable experience in developing and driving a commercial strategy, planning, research, and analytical skills
- Can demonstrate success in developing and delivering new commercial initiatives with proven commercial returns
- Ability to think through commercial opportunities and challenges with creativity
- Proven capability to identify, negotiate and contract commercial arrangements with third parties
- Proven experience in building and managing positive relationships with senior industry contacts
- Excellent communication and relationship skills with a proven ability to achieve success when working with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with working with Trade PR and Marketing, with a thorough understanding of B2B marketing
Closing date: December 13.
For further information or to apply, click here.
ALSD International delivers an annual conference & exhibition, in addition to a 365 community, with the focus to increase revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions, via innovations in niches including Premium Seating & Hospitality, Architecture & Design, Fan Experience and Technology.
The 2021 hybrid edition was hosted by Liverpool Football Club and featured a high-level conference, an exhibition showcasing industry-leading products & services, as well as networking events at Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. The 2022 event will be announced in the coming weeks!
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments