- April 10, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News
Elevate Sports Ventures are on the hunt for a positive disrupter: someone who has the unique talent of making quick, meaningful connections with people; a results driven premium hospitality individual who is naturally motivated to identify new sales targets and nurture client relationships in the live entertainment industry.
Ideally, this person will have an established network within Manchester (or the surrounding area) and can hit the ground running from day one. Whilst this person needs to be commercially savvy it is imperative they are able to passionately communicate the Co-op Live’s mission of becoming Europe’s best and most sustainable live entertainment arena.
The Senior Premium Hospitality Sales Manager reports to the Head of Premium Hospitality Sales and will play a key role in selling annual commitments for suite and premium hospitality seating products for the Co-op Live.
The position will be based from the state-of-the-art Co-op Live sales centre in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, which is set to open in May. Music is at the heart of everything we do so a passion for live entertainment is a must.
Culture is key to the success of this team so we need someone who is both a proven sales professional who has a track record for closing annual five to six figure premium hospitality deals and true team player.
• Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for a menu of premium hospitality products
• Prospect and engage C-Level/decision making executives and high net worth individual buyers through
creative lead generation methods and close deals
• Execute and lead dynamic sales presentations using virtual sales tools, external appointments, phone
prospecting, social selling and events to close contracts
• Proficient in cold outreach to new clients using various methods – cold calling, LinkedIN, email, face to
• Effectively follow up with customers and prospective customers in order to build relationships to help drive business and to meet excellent customer service requirements
• Attend external events with the purpose of selling, networking, gathering leads and sales prospects
• Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and
• Regularly produce accurate updates on prospecting activity, sales performance, outside appointment and
A. Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree desirable
• 8+ years of experience within the sports and entertainment industry as a top performing revenue
generator, preferable within the premium hospitality space
• Must have above quota track record selling premium seating products with a team, event, property
• Experience negotiating long term contracts in the 5 to 6 figure annual range
• Extensive experience pitching and presenting to decision makers
• Excellent network within Manchester or the surrounding area
• Ability to creatively source and target new clients
• Can craft the best means to reach those targets and execute with the perfect mix of efficiency and hard
work ethic to get deals over the line
• Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal conflict
resolution and problem-solving skills
• Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• Must have good decision-making skills, solid judgment and interpersonal effectiveness
• Must have an interest and ability in serving others as one of the primary functions of their job
• Must be flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and within company as a whole
• Must possess strong communication skills; must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different
communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal and written) and being attuned to others through strong,
active listening skills
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritise tasks when given clearly defined
goals and objectives
• Must be commercially focused on achieving and surpassing revenue goals within a highly sales
• Must have the ability to maintain professional behaviour and appearance
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion to protect the
confidentiality/privacy of others, and company documents and records
C. Personal Attributes
• Driven and hungry for success
• An action orientated hustler
• Impeccable integrity
• A subtle ability to sell anything to anyone
• Charismatic with the ability to form relationships with people at all levels
• Commercially aware, with the desire to be known in the industry
• A champion of excellence and perfect delivery
• Enjoys industry networking
• Travel Requirements
o May be required to travel to London or the United States (OVG and Elevate regional offices)
• Physical Demands
o This position requires the ability to lift up to 10 pounds
• Work Environment
o The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, is expected to attend
Send your resume to HR@elevatesv.com to apply for this position. Please put ‘Senior Premium Hospitality Sales Manager – Co-op Live’ in the subject line.
NB: Elevate Sports Ventures has a second vacancy for a Premium Hospitality Sales Manager at the Co-op Live.
ABOUT CO-OP LIVE:
The new music-focused venue, Co-op Live, in Manchester aims to be the best arena in Europe. Designed for music, this state of the art, 23,500-capacity venue will bring the biggest and best acts to Manchester.
It will be the most expensive arena to be built in Europe and will set new standards for hospitality and the premium venue experience. The arena is designed to put fans, artists and premiums guests first, offering an unrivalled experience. It will provide a range of premium lounges, clubs, suites and unique food and drink facilities.
Oak View Group (OVG) is leading this venue’s development, starting construction in Spring 2021 with a scheduled opening date in 2023. OVG is leading the industry with the development of next-generation venues, including four arenas in the US and ten other ongoing projects.
Becci Thomson, Head of Premium Sales, Co-op Live and Shawn Doss, Founder & Executive Vice President, Elevate Sports Ventures, are just some of the 50+ high-level industry expert speakers that will be sharing insights at this September’s ALSD International event.
ABOUT ELEVATE SPORTS VENTURES:
Elevate Sports Ventures is a best-in-class sports and entertainment consulting firm, providing proven, innovative solutions to organisations across the global sports and entertainment landscape.
Formed in partnership between the San Francisco 49ers and Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE), Elevate SV welcomed Oak View Group (OVG), Ticketmaster and Live Nation as partners in June 2018, and is spearheading the most prestigious new stadium and redevelopment projects worldwide ranging from NHL Seattle to the New York Islanders’ new Belmont Park Arena. Other current projects include Inter Miami, MLS St. Louis and the Oakland A’s.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7 and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments