- December 11, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Project Manager – Ticketing with FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The Ticketing Project Manager will support in the overall implementation of FWC22 Strategy related to FIFA Ticketing matters, regarding the Domestic Market. They will help coordinate the application of FIFA’s Ticketing mobile and ticketing platform strategy to the specifics of the host country and support its implementation.
The individual will help support a collaborative domestic Ticketing team and closely align with FIFA Ticketing in Zurich, as well as all other functional areas to provide first-class service levels.
- Project management for the delivery of the key domestic ticketing project as part of the overall delivery of FWC2022, such projects include preparation of Ticketing Centre’s, provision of stadium ticket overlay;
- Prepare, implement and maintain project plans incl. milestones planning, budget control and resource management;
- Managing level appropriate communication flow with Ticketing Senior Management Team, Q22 project leads and other stakeholders;
- Support the Ticketing Senior Management Team in reaching Ticketing’s strategic goals which includes maximize stadium attendance, fair and equal ticket access for all fans, digitize ticketing and optimizing of revenues;
- Conduct Domestic RFP processes in compliance with Q22 procurement policy;
- Support the management and monitoring of the deliverables required to build and operate the overall FIFA Ticketing IT platform;
- Project manage the implementation of ticketing sales processes, Ticketing sales launch and related administrative tasks;
- Lead domestic sub projects such as the integration of the overall ticketing project with projects of other functional areas;
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- University degree, Sports marketing or equivalent;
- Further education in Project management is an asset, proven track record and experience in leading strategic project management skills.
- Proven track record and 5-10 years of experience in the ticketing area for bigger sports event, experience in event management, venue operations and onsite operations is a must;
- Extensive understanding of basic legal contracts in the ticketing area, 3-5 years’ experience in ticketing handling and product management;
- Extensive understanding of new technology as well as IT system project management;
- Highly proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Strong affinity for IT systems;
- Experience in using a ticketing system for sports events, expert in managing (system) change request and optimizing system and ticketing processes.
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #careersinsport #FIFAWorldCup #jobsinsport #sportsbiz #sportsjobs