- November 4, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Service Desk Manager with Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Birmingham 2022 are looking for a Service Desk Manager to sit within the IT Services Delivery team. This is a pivotal and multifaceted role, which will support many aspects, including new implementations, the day to day management of the Service Desk, the end to end delivery of service to end users, equipment ordering and processing, asset management, etc.
The successful candidate could progress to a Service Delivery Manager role in the Technology Operations Centre at Games time.
The salary for this position is £38,000-£42,000.
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the Service Desk including oversight and resolution of incidents, requests and changes to the defined SLA’s;
- Participate in the ongoing development of ServiceNow to meet the Games time requirement;
- Placement of equipment requests to Procurement and subsequent placement of orders with suppliers;
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures to support asset management;
- Maintain the hardware and software asset register;
- Ensure the equipment (software, scanning and printing) that supports asset management is maintained;
- Work with Technology suppliers to define consistent asset management procedures and processes that enable the accurate and efficient deployment of equipment across all venues;
- Establish strong, collaborative working relationships with third party suppliers in order to fulfil the remit;
- Post Games – work with the Venue Technology Managers to manage the recovery of IT assets from venues, minimising damage and theft;
- Post Games – be primary responsible for creating and implementing the process for returning user PC’s / IT equipment, cataloguing the returns and updating the asset register;
- Ensure and returned IT assets are securely wiped of data;
- Work with the appropriate teams to dispose of residual IT assets aligned to the Organising Comittee’s Dissolution Plan;
- Work closely with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure IT and reprographics equipment is planned, delivered and recovered ensuring the right equipment and quantities are deployed to the right user or venue at the right time.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience as a Manager / Team Lead
- Proven track record as a Service Desk Manager across large scale IT Managed Services organisation(s)
- Solid End-User computing background across PC hardware and peripherals, Microsoft technologies, audio visual and reprographics
- Supplier Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Configuration Management (CMDB)
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Willingness to support and mentor junior staff
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#Birmingham2022 #careers #careersinsport #jobsinsport #sportsbiz #sportsjobs