- August 28, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technical Services Manager at Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) to support its Tournaments & Events Division.
FIFA is looking to recruit a communicative and collaborative person as a Senior Technical Services Manager.
- Assessing, planning and supervising the sourcing and installation of temporary overlay services for world-level football tournaments
- Reading and summarising technical designs, drawings and construction projects
- Overlaying construction plans and project management of temporary buildings and structures (tents, cabins, bridges, platforms, etc.)
- Taking care of cleaning and waste management within the stadium
- Validating existing stadium facilities and augmentation through temporary infrastructure and appointment of specialist service providers
- Defining clear requirements, planning, managing and overseeing delivery of technical services at FIFA tournaments
- Working closely together with stakeholders at all levels, including senior management, government representatives, FIFA’s external partners, service providers and Stadium owners/representatives
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or engineering field, or master trade / vocational qualifications with significant practical experience
- A minimum of 8 years work experience in a technical role, within a world-class sports event and/or at top class football club and/or stadium
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in a technical services related field
- Project management qualifications (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Experience with Energy / MEP required (e.g. Temporary Power, Temporary Heating, Ventilation and Cooling, Cabling, Entertainment)
- Fluent in English, any other of the FIFA languages is an advantage (German, French or Spanish)
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality, use discretion, diplomacy and tact
- Adaptable in multi-cultural environments
- Resilient under pressure and in stressful operational environments
- Mindful of quality, adherence to standards, deadlines and budgets
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. Only direct applications via the applicant tracking system will be considered (no agencies or applications via email/post please).
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #FIFA #footballjobs #jobsinfootball #jobsinsport #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
The 2020 edition of ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence. It will be a hybrid affair, with the physical event – being hosted at Premier League champions, Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium, October 12-13 – being fully virtualised.
ALSD International 2020 will feature a high-level conference (with all sessions being streamed), an exhibition hall (physical & virtual), behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena (physical & virtual), and numerous networking events (again, physical & virtual), ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business, whether attending in person or virtually.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments
Share This Article