- June 25, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is a hugely exciting vacancy for a Chief Executive Officer at the Football Association of Ireland (FAI).
The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) wishes to appoint a CEO to provide unified leadership to the organisation through a period of planned and progressive reform and development in furtherance of its mission to promote and develop the game of football.
Reporting to the Board of the FAI through the Chair, the CEO will partner with sponsors, funders and other stakeholders to improve the organisation’s performance, effectiveness, governance, inclusiveness and transparency during its next phase of development.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a track record of principled leadership, strong strategic capability and commercial skills as well as excellent communication skills, the ability to inspire others and work within a complex stakeholder environment.
Principal accountabilities will be to:
- Enhance the reputation of the organisation through strengthened leadership, empathetic stakeholder engagement and strong governance.
- Lead and motivate a team of committed staff to deliver on the mission, vision and strategy of the FAI.
- Build on relationships with FAI’s key partners including Sponsors, Banks, Sport Ireland, UEFA, FIFA and the Irish Government; and represent the FAI and Irish Football in different fora.
- Oversee the commercial growth of the organisation with the goal of improving current and building new revenue streams.
- Grow the brand and commercialise the organisation, whilst keeping true to its values, on a national and international platform and ensure its effective and efficient implementation.
- Have senior experience as a CEO or MD, with a strong understanding of the business of sport, whilst also understanding the uniqueness of national governing bodies (NGBs) and sports administration.
- Have proven ability to establish a strategic vision, setting a comprehensive strategy for a business and to lead the organisational, management and cultural changes to realise that vision.
- Be an analytical, numerate and disciplined thinker, a steadfast and resilient individual with a high level of personal integrity who can work with the complexity and challenge of the role.
- Have significant experience in business development and the building of successful commercial and financial relationships with partners.
- Be a leader who values diversity and inclusion at all levels, and who will champion this agenda to deliver real change inside the organisation and across the sport as a whole.
If you believe you have the drive, passion and experience necessary to take on this challenging role then you should forward a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and supporting letter via the button below. You can also contact Mark for a confidential conversation on +353 1 669 7030.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 6th July, 2020. Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process.
FAI is an equal opportunities employer.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #football #jobsinfootball #jobsinsport #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology, and how to recoup lost revenue post COVID-19.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.