- January 29, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Design Competitions, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
The Infrastructure NSW project team has announced renowned stadium architect Populous as the lead designer of the Stadium Australia Redevelopment.
This appointment continues the NSW Government’s working relationship with Populous who were responsible for the design of the new Bankwest Stadium, which opened in early 2019.
Populous is working closely with structural engineers, Maffeis, and services engineer, Aurecon, to continue design development, whilst Infrastructure NSW procures a principal construction contractor.
Following procurement of a principal construction contractor, Populous will work with the contractor to finalise the design of the redeveloped stadium.
The Expressions of Interest (EOI) process for the principal construction contractor, which commenced in early November and closed on 29 November 2019 at 2pm – link.
A Request for Tender (RFT) process with shortlisted tenderers will follow the EOI process in 2020.
Infrastructure NSW (INSW) commenced with a two-stage procurement process for a design development, documentation and construction contract for the Stadium Australia Redevelopment back at the end of 2019.
The Stadium Australia project involves the redevelopment of Stadium Australia into a permanent rectangular venue with 70,000 seats.
The redevelopment will move seats closer to the field of play and update the stadium to contemporary standards, providing a world-class experience for spectators and enhancing NSW’s position as a global and sporting destination.
Indicative Project Milestones
• November 2019 – Release an open market Expression of Interest (EOI) via e-tenders
• February 2020 – Release a Request for Tender to shortlisted Tenderers
• April 2020 – Planning Approval
• June 2020 – Award design and construction contract to successful tenderer
• July 2020 – Site Possession. Respondents to the EOI will be required to demonstrate, including but not limited to: Capability and capacity to deliver the works; Recent relevant project experience; Proposed delivery team; Financial capacity to provide securities and deliver the works.
Shortlisted tenderers will be required to demonstrate, including but not limited to:
• Methodology and program
• Fixed price
Image of Stadium Australia, courtesy: INSW / Populous
Image of Bankwest Stadium, courtesy: Populous
#stadiums #sportsentertainment #sportsarchitecture #stadiumaustralia
ALSD International is Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium/Club/VIP Seat & Hospitality sector. The host and tour venues for the 2020 ALSD International event, being held October 12-13, will be announced in the coming days, as ALSD International transforms from a once a year event to a 365 community.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#SportsVenueBusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments