- October 15, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Digital News Editor – Olympic Channel Services with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Responsible for working closely with the Tokyo2020 digital team and leading communication between the teams, this person will manage a team of six editors, each responsible for a specific language’s content stream.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Contract from November 2019 and extends until August 2020
Entry Date: 01/11/2019
At Olympic Channel Services we are looking for a news editor who will help develop and execute global multi-platform content plan in six languages. This person, based in Tokyo, will be responsible for working closely with the Tokyo2020 digital team and leading communication between the teams. This person will manage a team of six editors, each responsible for a specific language’s content stream.
We’re looking for someone with passion for the Olympic Games to help us find and tell innovative, compelling stories in a creative and collaborative environment. This international team will create and sustain the international language sections (English, French, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin and Hindi) of the official website of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, which will launch in February 2020.
Digital News Editor, News/Editorial, Tokyo, Japan
The Olympic Channel is a digital-first, multi-platform global Olympic media entity, where fans can experience the power of sport and the Olympic Movement all year round. The primary objectives of the Olympic Channel are the following:
- Provide a platform for the continuous exposure of Olympic sports and athletes beyond the Olympic Games period and help create anticipation while providing opportunities to “re-live the experience” after the Games
- Continuously highlight the relevance of the Olympic Movement’s ideals to the challenges of today’s world
- Provide a platform for sharing the IOC’s very rich patrimonial assets and archives with the world and create additional value and content for the IOC archives
- As a matter of priority, engage the young generations around the world using methods that are relevant to them, building understanding, entertainment and education.
The Olympic Channel team is composed of experienced broadcast professionals and innovative content-producers working out of two main bases of operation. The commercial and distribution departments are located at the IOC headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the technical and production units operate out of Madrid, Spain.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October 28-29, where some 50+ high-calibre experts from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments