- September 10, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – is an exciting vacancy for a Workforce Planning Manager with the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy – Qatar 2022.
Under the general direction of the Host Country Workforce Planning Director and Vice Chairman Host Country Services Affairs, the successful applicant will drive a team of Workforce Planners to collaborate on the development of strategies, processes, operating principles and operational goals of the Host Country Operations Workforce.
Duties will include:
- Develop and oversee all workforce related processes related to Host Country projects in line with the Event Foundation Plan and any other projected approved by SC. These processes include workforce planning and operations, workforce scheduling, provision of uniforms, workforce communication and secondment programme.
- Develop and implement data gathering processes for Host Country Workforce planning that takes into account labour market analysis data, as well as JV needs
- Collaborate closely with the Project Managers to develop and manage an integrated workforce management process and deliver a consistent workforce planning across projects and delivery entities, ensuring appropriate and optimised staffing to deliver the agreed service levels
- Identify Workforce types and define entitlements for each type
- In collaboration with the HR, align the Host Country hiring plan based on workforce planning revisions occurring across the different planning phases
- Develop and manage all Workforce Planning reports to the Host Country Integration team and any workforce service provider acting as a central source of truth regarding any Workforce requirements data for the Host Country projects
- Identify and implement, if required, a workforce system to support the management of information and operational needs related to the HC workforce
- Plan and evolve the Workforce budget in coordination with Programme Services (Operation Budget & Commercial)
- Develop and implement an effective Workforce communication, engagement and recognition strategy that will ensure minimum attrition
- Manage and support the team of Workforce Planners on the delivery of their projects as well as any additional roles that will join the team in the future for the delivery of workforce planning
- Adapt to the needs of the role as per the SC evolution
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job
Qualifications, experience and skills
Education and certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or relevant discipline from an accredited project management institution
- Master’s Degree an additional asset
Experience and skills
- Minimum 12 years in the areas of Event operations with at least 4 years in workforce planning & management
- Minimum 2-4 years of working experience in Qatar, experience of working in the region and knowledge of local culture is an advantage
- Understanding of external government stakeholders expected to be involved in the Host Country Operations is a major asset
- Understanding of operational planning and delivery experience in large scale international sport events would be an added benefit
- Proven ability to manage clients and relations with multiple departments
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent analytical and people management skills
- Ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams through various phases of organisational change
- Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously
- Team player, willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
- Positive attitude, patience and persistence
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply for this exciting position, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October, where some 50+ high-calibre experts from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments