JOB OF THE WEEK: Game Growth Programme and Resource Manager, World Rugby
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Game Growth Programme and Resource Manager at World Rugby.
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union based in Dublin, Ireland. In addition to its governance functions, World Rugby organises a number of international tournaments and events including the Rugby World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup and the annual HSBC Rugby Sevens World Series and Women’s Sevens World Series competitions.
World Rugby wishes to appoint a Game Growth Programme & Resource Manager, reporting to the General Manager, Game Growth. The Game Growth Programme & Resource Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing project and operational support for the development, delivery and monitoring of global game growth and participation
- Delivering highly effective and competent programme management services for World Rugby development programmes.
- Contributing to the design, development and management of resources that contribute to develop and drive game growth and activity, interest and engagement, in club, community and alternative settings globally.
- Contributing to inspiring growth in the game and increasing participation and retention in Rugby through effective promotion of development programmes.
Provide management support services to game growth programmes:
- Assist with the implementation of the participation plan and World Rugby growth strategy
- Assist with and at times be accountable for specific projects identified within the plan
- Provide data analysis and reporting on the evolution & state of the global game in terms of participation.
- Monitor key game metrics and produce insight reports and presentations on the state of the game upon request.
- Establish an on-going monitoring framework to document progress with the implementation of the plan. Ensure quality production of data using online & off-line analysis tools
- Manage the development of resources to support the growth and development of unions and regions, that will include information on registration, recruitment, retention and player pathways
- Manage external research programmes and engage in the development of products or tools that support World Rugby or member unions to grow the game.
- Ensure effective management of World Rugby participation programmes
- Ensure effective planning and day to day management of participation programme across the 6 regions in conjunction with Rugby Service Managers
- Ensure effective management of the reporting tools for participation programmes and deliver effective reporting of those programme.
- Ensure effective management of all resources related to all Development Programmes in portfolio
- Ensure effective promotion of the programme and improve the visibility of programmes on the World Rugby communication channels.
- Ensure effective planning and co-ordination of World Rugby Impact Beyond programmes
- Work in conjunction with RWC and hosting unions or organizations to plan and coordinate the Impact Beyond programmes, encouraging best practice.
- Ensure effective implementation and reporting of the Impact Beyond programmes around major events: RWC, WRWC, RWC7s, Olympic Games
- Manage an innovation process to generate insight-led ideas into feasible and realistic plans of action and business cases for resources to support game growth.
- Identify insights, ideas and best practices from different sources to support game growth
- Create engaging communication materials of ideas, concepts and prototypes and programmes
- Employ techniques and methods to introduce and manage innovation in game growth programmes
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Third level qualification in sports management or business management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in sports/business development area
- Excellent knowledge of rugby/team sports desirable.
- In-depth understanding of how sports development pathways are designed and implemented
- Project management expertise e.g. MS Project, PRINCE II, etc.
- Solid experience leading and implementing projects.
- Proficient in analysing and manipulating data to generate insights.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint and BI systems
- Language skills, particularly French or Spanish, a distinct advantage.
- Project management
- Analytical & research skills
- Resource development
- Cultural awareness
- Meeting management
- Planning & facilitation
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Team player
- Outcome oriented
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit
This role is a 3 year fixed term contract.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #eventprofs #eventhosting #jobsinrugby #jobsinsport #majorevents #Olympics #rugbyunion #RWC2023 #sportsjobs #sportsbiz #sportsbusiness
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, is being held at Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield Stadium this October 12-13. The event will include a high-level conference focused on how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest innovations in technology and F&B, in addition to an exhibition showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, networking events and behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector