- May 25, 2023
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
Major League Baseball launched the authentic ballpark food menu for the MLB World Tour: London Series 2023 this week, with exactly one month to go until this summer’s games.
Following a successful debut in 2019, Major League Baseball (MLB) returns to London next month when the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs will play out their historic rivalry over an action-packed weekend at London Stadium on June 24-25.
Spectators will experience the very best of baseball with unforgettable live entertainment, unmissable non-stop action, and authentic ballpark food. Headline items from a wide-ranging menu of iconic American dishes and favourites from both St. Louis and Chicago that will be provided by London Stadium’s foodservice partners, Delaware North and Freemans Event Partners, include:
- London Series Boomstick Hot Dog: A two-foot-long hot dog smothered in braised beef and chilli and topped with jalapeno peppers, nacho cheese and sour cream. Intended to feed up to four guests.
- London Series Boomstick Chilli Nachos: A two-foot-long bed of tortilla chips smothered in nacho cheese and braised beef and topped with bean chilli, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, spring onions and tomatoes. Intended to feed up to four guests.
- St. Louis Dog: Italian sausage topped with relish, grilled onions, grilled peppers, secret sauce, ketchup and mustard. Served on a traditional hot dog bun.
- Cardinals Dog: Soft sub roll with XXL smoked bacon stuffed pork Frankfurter topped with spiced beans, pico de gallo, onion and bacon crunch.
- St. Louis Donut Burger: Glazed donut bun stacked with two 4oz burgers, topped with a bacon crumble, cheese, bacon, dill pickle salad and bacon mayonnaise.
- Chicago Dog: Dino Hot Dog topped with a pickle wedge, tomatoes, onions, gherkin relish and beer mustard. Served on a poppy seed bun.
- Cubs Dog: Large brioche sub roll with giant chilli cheese beef dog topped with Chicago sweet relish and mustard.
- Chicago Cheesy Brisket Sandwich: Smoked brisket pulled and layered with American cheese, caramelised onion and dill pickle.
In addition to the food, 10 new bars have been added to the East Stand at London Stadium, along with two more in the West Stand. In keeping with the tradition of MLB stadiums, vendors – also known as hawkers – will be present in the seating bowl to offer a variety of drinks and snacks.
London Stadium, Delaware North and Freemans Event Partners will be discussing the intricacies of bringing an all-American MLB experience to London Stadium at the 2023 ALSD International Conference & Exhibition, for which Freemans Event Partners is a sponsor.
With more than 130 years of history between them, Cardinals vs. Cubs is one of the oldest rivalries in baseball, and it’s showing no signs of losing its edge. The rivalry was born out of the club’s neighbouring geographic locations and has developed over the years thanks to a catalogue of fiery match-ups and each side’s passionate fanbases.
In a few weeks’ time they’ll write the next chapter in their history as they bring their rivalry to new ground at London Stadium – one of the capital’s most iconic sporting venues – which will be transformed into a 60,000-seater ballpark for the weekend.
Ben Ladkin, Managing Director, MLB Europe, said:
Fans at the London Series are in for a real treat with the mouth-watering and authentic American ballpark cuisine that Delaware North and Freemans Event Partners will be serving.
Jamie Obletz, President of Delaware North’s Sportservice division, said:
We know that fans in the UK are passionate about sports, and we want to make sure they have the full ballpark experience – including some of the most iconic food options that have become synonymous with American baseball. We’re bringing a fun mix of traditional ballpark fare and some of the more creative offerings that have taken hold in recent years.
ALSD International 2023 is being hosted at Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, October 9-10. Optimising revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions is the key focus of this industry-leading event, with architecture & design, fan experience, hospitality, premium seating, sustainability and technology taking centre stage.
Elliott Moore, General Manager of Delaware North’s London Stadium team, said:
We are in the unique position of being both a long-time foodservice operator here in London and the longest running concessionaire in Major League Baseball. We truly bring the best of both worlds, and I know it will make for an incredible event.
Stephen Freeman, Chief Executive Officer, Freemans Event Partners, said:
We are thrilled to be working with Delaware North to bring an all-American fan experience at London Stadium as Major League Baseball returns for the first time since 2019.
Freemans Event Partners’ culinary team has developed a unique London Series food menu capturing the flavours of the Chicago Cubs and St. Louis Cardinals home grounds in the USA. Our bespoke offering will include the baseball teams’ signature dogs with a twist, as well as a range of meat-free options from our partner Quorn.
Our long-standing partnership with Delaware North and London Stadium means Freemans Event Partners has the knowledge and expertise to once again deliver a world-class customer experience at this iconic event.