- March 28, 2022
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a talented Ticketing & Promotion Manager to work for the Davis Cup, the World Cup of Tennis, at Kosmos Tennis’ Barcelona Headquarters.
Founded in Barcelona in 2017, Kosmos is a Barcelona-based holding company founded and chaired by professional football player Gerard Piqué, and backed by Hiroshi Mikitani, the Chairman and CEO of Rakuten.
Kosmos is passionate about building a global portfolio of high-quality sports, media and entertainment companies. With a particular focus on sports and exclusive access, is capitalising on and shaping this quickly growing landscape.
Kosmos Tennis is a subsidiary of Kosmos focused on the development and management of global tennis events. Kosmos Tennis agreed a historic agreement with the International Tennis Federation for the development and implementation of a new Davis Cup format, as well as the organisation of new innovative competitions over the course of the 25-year agreement.
Kosmos Tennis is looking for a talented Ticketing & Promotion Manager to work for the Davis Cup, the World Cup of Tennis, at its Barcelona Headquarters. The person in charge must be someone with demonstrable experience of working in a high-volume ticketing environment with related ticketing systems and access control systems and also keen on building promotional plans in order to awake the interest of fans on attending to the Davis Cup Finals.
As the Ticketing & Promotion Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the definition and execution of ticketing practices and framework as agreed with the key stakeholders within the company to maximise revenue and ensure a best-in-class service for supporters.
- Lead all ticketing and promotional initiatives to ensure ticket revenues and ticketing inventory are maximised.
- Working with other internal stakeholders from the Marketing Department and the wider company to grow attendances for all the matches.
- Coordinate the matchday ticketing operation to ensure a smooth delivery and the swift resolution of any ticketing issues: Manage and lead the Ticketing Box/Office; Manage and prepare all the tickets for different key stakeholders; Be in charge of the Customer Service.
- Managing all aspects of the various ticketing services available to supporters including ticket transfer, ticket exchange and the cashback service.
- Identifying areas of improvement within the ticketing platform and current processes and working with other internal and external stakeholders to deliver solutions.
- Coordinate the ticketing strategy (price, segmentation and product definition) and ticketing activities (reporting, tickets block for partners, etc.) with other local promoters in charge of organising the Davis Cup in their countries.
- Measure and report the evolution of sales on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and manage the ticketing budget.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in ticketing & promotion roles.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with metrics and reporting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Implement, follow and document processes, plans and ideas.
- Advanced written and spoken English is required – Native or Bilingual Spanish.
- Line-managing teams.
- Implementing a process or system improvement in a ticketing environment.
- The sports or entertainment industry, preferably tennis.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and react quickly and flexibly to changing event and operational conditions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- The ability to create a cohesive and positive culture within a team while ensuring that all Team Members know what is expected of them.
- Excellent stakeholder management and the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to improve processes / services and resolve issues.
- The ability to organise activities effectively and multitask, ensuring the best-in-class provision of all ticketing services.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
Sports Venue Business organises & delivers ALSD International, the leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, with a focus on optimising revenue through New Builds, Renovations & Service Expansions, on behalf of the Association of Luxury Suite Directors…
…the 2022 event will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition showcasing industry-leading products & services, networking events and a behind-the-scenes tour of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, sponsored by Levy UK + Ireland.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments