- August 13, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Ticketing Manager – Olympics & Paralympics with On Location, a global leader in premium experiential hospitality, offering ticketing, curated guest experiences, live event production and travel management across sports, entertainment, fashion and culture.
Lead On Location’s pricing efforts in conjunction with Go-To-Market leadership, the Paris Organization Committee of the Games, the International Olympic Committee (IOC), and other key stakeholders, for the Paris 2024 Olympic & Paralympic Games.
The main objective of this position is to build and lead On Location’s Olympic and Paralympic pricing strategy and functions, with the goal of maximising revenue generation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop pricing strategies for On Location’s Olympics program.
- Create, manage, and execute various pricing timelines to align with revenue targets and budgets.
- Work with product architecture team to create various IVH/OVH travel packages, stakeholder offerings, and TOP Partners experiences.
- Monetise new customised hospitality programs and services to align with stakeholder needs.
- Work with ATR’s globally to create a pricing structure for individual regions.
- Lead market research / analytics to determine pricing strategies for specific hospitality packages and regions.
- Build out and lead a cross-functional team, including oversight of an Inventory Manager.
- Be able to work across multiple functional areas.
- Work with the Paris 2024 team on all areas of ticketing, in-venue-hospitality and out-venue-hospitality.
- Put systems in place for knowledge transfer for future Olympic games.
- Build best practices that will transcend multiple Olympic Games.
- Collaborate with On Location’s digital team and its ecommerce partners to ensure world class online sales and marketing platforms are in place and achieve sales targets.
- Must be able to manage a very heavy workload during the Paris 2024 Olympics.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for managing direct reports and carrying out managerial responsibilities according to the organisation’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Must be adaptable with work and travel schedule and be available to travel for work which may include extended work hours during nights, weekends and holidays. International travel may be required throughout the year, including extended periods of remote work within local offices within host cities. This position may require travel between Europe and the United States.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee’s activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related field.
- Expertise and deep understanding of the Olympic and Paralympic Movements.
- Must have previous global tournament (i.e. Olympics, FIFA World Cup) experience.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, marketing, and sales skills.
- Strong relationships within the global events community.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Strong technology skills.
- Fluent in Excel.
- Proficiency in team collaboration software such as Asana and Slack.
- Understanding of Ticketmaster’s XT systems.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as a technical tour of Anfield and networking events at Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, powered by Sodexo.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments