- July 4, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week, powered by Global Sports, which is for a Workforce Manager (Freelance) with the Local Organising Committee for the World Gymnastics Championships 2022.
The Local Organising Committee for the World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 is looking to recruit a freelance Workforce Manager to lead the workforce requirements for the event and the development, launch and delivery of an inspiring and innovative Volunteer Programme for the event to attract a talented, diverse and engaged Voluntary Workforce to support the staging of a world-class Championships.
Event title: World Gymnastics Championships Liverpool 2022 (WGC2022)
Event date: 29 October – 06 November, 2022
Event location: M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
The City of Liverpool is host to the World Gymnastics Championships in 2022. The International Gymnastics Federation (FIG) awarded the event to the UK following a successful bid between Liverpool City Council, UK Sport and British Gymnastics. Liverpool City Council are the delivery organisation and lead the Local Organising Committee, working in partnership with several stakeholders.
Liverpool is a place with a belief in the ability of major events to effect long-lasting transformational change, and it is also one of the country’s great sporting cities. The World Gymnastics Championships 2022 will be one of the largest international sporting events ever to be held in Liverpool. Held at M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool from 29 October to 6 November 2022, more than 550 gymnasts from 75 countries are expected to compete.
The Championships represent the pinnacle of elite artistic gymnastics competition, attracting a substantial worldwide audience. The 2022 iteration of the World Gymnastics Championships will be the first staged since FIG undertook a modernisation of the Olympic qualification process, meaning the first three placed teams will qualify for the 2024 Olympic Games. The atmosphere is sure to be electric as athletes go head-to-head in displays of poise, power, precision and artistry over nine action-packed days. A global gymnastics event; an unforgettable experience.
For further information on the event, please visit www.2022worldgymnastics.com
2. The Role
The Local Organising Committee for the World Gymnastics Championships 2022 is looking to recruit a freelance Workforce Manager to lead the workforce requirements for the event and the development, launch and delivery of an inspiring and innovative Volunteer Programme for the event to attract a talented, diverse and engaged Voluntary Workforce to support the staging of a world-class Championships.
The individual will be accountable for the successful development, management and delivery of all aspects of the programme including stakeholder engagement to set role requirements and descriptions; campaign launch; recruitment and selection; training and management; and all associated operations of a Volunteer Workforce estimated to be 600-stong.
Your functional area should take into consideration the event’s strategic objectives, ensuring close collaboration with key stakeholders across the Liverpool City Region and sport of gymnastics to ensure the Volunteer Programme achieve lasting impact, and;
• Places gymnasts at the heart,
• Showcases the sport of gymnastics to new audiences,
• Showcases the global city of Liverpool as a welcoming and inclusive host and destination,
• Positions the event as world-leading, innovative and ethically responsible.
• Signpost volunteers post-event to other volunteering opportunities to ensure legacy.
It is anticipated that the support will begin in earnest in August 2021 and continue for approximately 15 months to end of November 2022. The support shall naturally build towards the event, with some initial planning work required, and will be remain flexible around the ebb-and-flow of the traditional lifecycle of an event of this kind.
WGC2022 are looking for applications from those who can clearly meet the following key selection criteria as a minimum:
1. A strong track record of Workforce Programme Management for international sporting events, working as a valued member of the LOC and/or its stakeholders, understanding the role volunteers play in the success of each functional area and overall event experience.
2. Demonstrable experience of all phases of Workforce Programme design and implementation, including scoping role and scheduling requirements against operational needs, programme launch, recruitment, training and event time management.
3. Previous experience of implementing Volunteer Management System software and methodology, which guarantees an engaged workforce through all phases of the event’s lifecycle by keeping them motivated and well-informed.
4. Experience of procuring and managing related service provisions, e.g. uniforms, catering, rewards.
5. Experience of supporting and aligning with a series of event objectives in your planning, including legacy, social impact, diversity and sustainability.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.