- June 14, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Spectator Publications Manager at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Birmingham 2022 are looking for an experienced Spectator Publications Manager to join the Event Services (EVS) team. The Spectator Publications Manager will be responsible for the scoping, development, production and delivery of identified spectator publications.
The successful candidate will ensure the effective cascade and dissemination of spectator messaging to facilitate the smooth running for all competition venues; supporting the delivery of the game’s communications and operational plans and strategies to help spectators make the most of their day.
The position will require the individual to think and walk in the shoes of the spectator, to understand and distil all the information the spectator may need to know in an entertaining and functional format. The candidate should have strong relationship building skills, be a confident writer, comfortable working across digital, print and experiential elements, to develop effective and inspiring spectator communications content.
The role works closely with the EVS operations leads across the competition venues to plan, collate and produce content, as well as liaising with other Functional Area’s (FA) to integrate their key messaging in a clear and concise manner.
- Plan and deliver effective and tailored communications for each spectator group to support their individual on venue experience ensuring they have all the information they need to get the most out of their games experience.
- Drive spectator content development, working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure accurate and consistent messaging at Birmingham 2022 across each venue and platform.
- Create industry leading spectator guides for each of the 14 competition venues, and other communication materials as required, containing all the information that spectators need to plan and enjoy their day out.
- Create an educational booklet which kids complete on venue to enhance their day and bring to life the Games vision to families.
- Produce scripts for spectator safety information to be used on venue on the PA/big screens and other spectator communication platforms as required, liaising with Sports Presentation FA.
- Co-ordinate artwork, oversee the production and delivery of any branded spectator experience elements on venue, such as sport pose graphics and photo opportunities to help bring the games stories to life.
- Provide up to date spectator information for the app, spectator maps and pocket guides.
- Provide venue related FAQs for the Games Website, Contact Centre working closely with other key FA’s such as Ticketing and Communications to ensure they have the information they need to accompany each phase of the ticketing and communications process.
- Support the organisation in responding to spectator enquiries at games time, coordinating between Headquarters Contact Centre and the EVS teams on venues.
- Support the training team during peak periods with content copywriting and in the delivery of training to EVS Workforce as required.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience managing communication projects in major event environments on a similar scale and level.
- Experience of working in a PR team at an event managing social media feeds across platforms.
- Experience in creating staff manuals and spectator guides across multi venues.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary organisation and to build active, cooperative partnerships with external organisations in an integrated manner.
The internal job title is Spectator Communications & Engagement Manager as shown in the job description.
Start Date: August 2021
End Date: August 2022
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments