- June 2, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for an Overlay Manager at Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The Venue Development and Overlay Department (VDO) is responsible for the planning, design and operational delivery of temporary infrastructure for all competition/training venues and non-competition venues including the Commonwealth Games Athletes Villages. This includes the adaptation of new and existing venues and development of complete temporary venues. The Department provides design integration of venue requirements for all Birmingham 2022 operational departments and external partners, including host broadcast and security.
Birmingham 2022 are looking for Overlay Managers to undertake the detailed planning, management and operational delivery of Games Overlay (temporary facilities and installations). The successful candidates will be involved in project management of venue overlay scope, budgets and programming driving the detailed design process forwards, in close liaison with suppliers, stakeholder management and operational planning for overlay construction/delivery.
- Design co-ordination and project management of Games Overlay for Sports Venues and Non-Competition Venues.
- Manage overlay scope, implement change management processes and budget control for venues within responsibility
- Develop and maintain overlay fit-out and construction schedules together with removal/reinstatement phases.
- Work closely with venue teams for planning, scope development, confirmation and delivery of Games time requirements, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose for Games client groups.
- Venue site visits and validation of designed solutions against site conditions.
- Undertake technical studies to evaluate options or validate proposals for Venue Development and Games Overlay.
- Coordinate design information between contractors and suppliers
- Operational planning for overlay installation/construction phases and games-time site management services
Skills and Experience
- A sound understanding of overlay and large scale event operational delivery processes
- Excellent Project Management and cost/budget management skills
- Ability to integrate design information with suppliers/stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Town Planning and Building Control Departments to obtain required approvals
- Ability to direct design processes and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative professional relationships & manage internal / external stakeholders
- An understanding of The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) through design and delivery project phases, together with knowledge of duty holder responsibilities and working on a live construction site as part of the client Project Management Team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, frequently under pressure, on multiple tasks
- High level of organisational skills and experience in managing multiple workstreams simultaneously
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments