- May 11, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Venue Operations Manager at Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022.
The Venue Operations Manager will play a key role in assisting the Organising Committee’s Venue Management (VMA) team in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of venue and event planning, and the overall delivery of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
The purpose of this role is to work with Functional Areas (FAs) and Stakeholders to resolve any challenges which have arisen from the second and third iterations of Venue Operational Planning (VOP) and to lead the Venues through the operational planning process, whilst carrying out various other Games planning duties.
- Develop and apply cross-venue planning principles and service levels that will ensure efficient, effective and co-ordinated planning and delivery of competition venues.
- Develop, document and use venue operational planning documentation including templates and planning tools.
- Liaise with the FAs involved in operational planning to ascertain FA key dates and subsequently manage the detailed program plan for assigned Birmingham 2022 venues to ensure the completion of VOP deliverables on time and in accordance with interdependent work streams.
- Create and produce, in association with the Cluster Venue Manager, venue specific operational planning documentation and presentations.
- Facilitate the integration of the operational plans, or equivalent, of each of the Birmingham 2022 Organising Committee FAs required to operate at the venue(s) to ensure the completion of venue planning work streams including the development of Venue Operations Manuals, Contingency plans etc.
- Play a lead role in the integration of FAs into the planning process and ensure FA requirements are met and that appropriate trade-offs are made where required.
- Prepare Games-time venue documentation including Daily Run Sheets, Radio Fleet maps and Pre-Event Checklists.
- Liaise with Venue Development and Overlay and the Sport FAs in monitoring venue design, ensuring design meets venue operational needs, and can operate in a safe and secure manner.
- Develop and manage relationships with key venue stakeholders, both internal and external, including venue owners, councils, licensing authorities, emergency services.
- Lead the venue team in desktop and simulation readiness exercises, assist with venue specific requirements of verifying content, delivering and evaluating the plans.
- Represent the Organising Committee’s interest in external stakeholder and project team meetings.
- Responsibilities of the role will evolve during the lifespan of the Organising Committee and it is likely that the role profile will evolve with the changing needs of the Organising Committee within the different planning cycles. There is potential for the Venue Operations Manager to develop into a Venue General Manager as the role and its responsibilities evolve.
- Significant experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering venue and event operations.
- Understanding and delivery of quality client service.
- Proven record of managing successful and varied teams on large, complex projects.
- An understanding of resource management procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment.
- Ability to make decisions based on proven event experience.
- Ability to successfully manage the demands of a constantly changing venue operations environment.
Please note the internal job title is ‘Lead Venue Planner’ as shown in the job description.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments