- April 30, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Host City Coordinator for the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Championships at The FA.
In July 2022, England will host the UEFA Women’s European Championship after being awarded the right to host in December 2018. Having previously hosted the Tournament in 2005, the final will be staged at Wembley Stadium, seeing back-to-back men’s and women’s UEFA Euro Finals in 2021 (rescheduled from 2020) and 2022.
Sixteen teams will take part in 31 matches over 25 days of competition with approximately 750,000 tickets available for clients and spectators across ten stadiums. 11.7 million viewers watched England’s semi-final at the Women’s World Cup in France and this tournament is expected to achieve a 400m global TV audience.
Approximately 80 staff, 1,500 volunteers and numerous suppliers will be contracted to deliver the Tournament. Our vision is to suitably mark the dawn of a new era for football, to showcase and celebrate the women’s game and players, inspiring participation and growing new audiences. We will be READY for record audiences, ready to engage host cities and partners, to amplify the women’s game and deliver operational excellence, all in an environment of equality.
The Host City Team provides support to the nine Host Cities and local partners in their planning and delivery of an outstanding spectator experience. They’ll help secure local promotion and activation to support the tournament aim of delivering record audiences.
- Support the Senior Host City Manager in the direct management of four North of England Host Cities (namely the Greater Manchester boroughs of Manchester, Trafford and Wigan & Leigh and Rotherham in South Yorkshire), their project teams and local stakeholders in the planning and delivery of Host City obligations, working with key specialists where needed.
- Develop strong relationships with the Host Cities’ project managers, making regular Microsoft Teams calls and face-to-face meetings to support their planning and delivery.
- Regularly document and report on the Host Cities’ planning in the project management tool.
- Work with the LOS marketing, stadium and volunteer teams on the spectator experience domain, overseeing delivery from the point of entry in the Host City to the stadium – and back again.
- Support the planning and delivery of fan activations, including helping to secure funding and value in kind where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the Host City dressing and wayfinding programme to a high standard, including the use of innovative space and accessing partner sites to maximise local budgets.
- Support the delivery of the Host City volunteer programme.
- Support the delivery of the Rights Protection Programme.
- Support the facilitation of UEFA Sponsors and Host City Supporters activating their rights in the Host Cities.
- Support the Marketing and Communications team to maximise on local promotion opportunities to support the record attendance targets.
- Work with the safety and security, and transport specialists to ensure Host Cities deliver these areas to the required national concept.
- Work with Stadium Operations Team on the delivery of a successful matchday experience and handover from Host City to Stadium delivery.
- Support the Legacy Manager and City Partnership Managers to link the tournament delivery to the legacy programme.
- Support the Culture and Heritage Lead to deliver the cultural and heritage programmes.
- Support the completion of a final report, social impact study and a knowledge transfer programme.
For the full job description and to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments