- April 23, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest ‘Job of the Week’ – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for an Event Product Manager with FIFA to support its Information Technology Subdivision.
FIFA is looking to recruit a customer oriented and accountable person as an Event Product Manager to support its Information Technology Subdivision.
- Accountable for the complete lifecycle of the Products in-scope
- Establishing and maintaining a trust relationship with the Business Stakeholders
- Creating and agreeing together with the Business Stakeholders a Product long-term vision and strategy
- Creating and maintaining the Product Roadmap and coordinating its execution, by following a clear Governance alongside with the Business stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining the Product backlog according to the priorities given by the Governance
- Facilitating and driving alignment among key stakeholders to converge on a set of requirements that bring business benefit
- Leading the Product team throughout an iterative Product lifecycle; from Inception to Operations
- Leading the Product Backlog delivery as agile as required by the Product, ensuring continuous engagement from the business throughout the delivery
- Ensuring that the team effort/capacity is set as efficiently as possible, throughout the complete lifecycle
- Managing suppliers and third party stakeholders involved in the delivery of products
- Leading and managing bids for product and service acquisition in accordance with applicable processes in place
- Building and maintaining Product awareness on all levels among product teams and Business stakeholders
- Creating, studying and proposing innovative solutions for the Products in-scope
- Facilitating the engagement and coordination of all IT capabilities, as well as the non-IT areas involved, during the Product Lifecycle, such as IT Architecture, IT Security, Legal, Procurement, Branding, among others
- Facilitating and driving the actions that lead to the definition of the Product budget, as well as ensuring its efficient management and utilisation throughout the Product Lifecycle.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- At least 10 years of proven work experience in IT roles, ideally within delivery areas or related
- Proven work experience as a Product Manager for at least 5 years within the IT field
- Proven record of successful deliveries of various complexities within global and multi-cultural organisations
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in software development/implementation
- In-depth knowledge of various delivery methodologies: such as Agile, in particular Scrum, and waterfall
- Experience with working close to UX/UI designer and development teams
- Experience managing and engaging with third party vendors
- Strong experience in Service Management and ITIL Framework
- Fluent English, knowledge of any additional languages is a plus
- Excellent teamwork, leadership and organisational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Conflict resolution skills are a must and ability to influence
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time for longer periods (30 days or more)
FIFA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disability, or on any other grounds.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments