- April 2, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting opportunity for six Venue Logistics Managers with Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games.
Birmingham 2022 is looking for six experienced Venue Logistics Managers (VLM), who will assist the Cluster Venue Logistics Manager to develop and implement Logistics operational plans, policies and procedures for allocated venue/s within time critical deadlines.
The Logistics Functional Area (FA) is responsible for identifying, scoping, storing, delivering, recovering and disposing the materials required to stage the Games. The purpose of this role is to serve as the VLM and be responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery of venue logistics operations at a specific competition or non-competition venue.
- As the main Logistics contact for an allocated venue, provide logistics advice and support to stakeholders including venue team, Functional Areas (FA’s), staff, suppliers and contractors as required
- Meet milestones and be responsible for detailed operational planning, scheduling and training
- Be responsible for and maintain up to date and accurate records, documentation and complete daily reports
- Manage asset tracking (including Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E)), distribution in venue, setup/breakdown of spaces and return materials post event
- Manage on venue resources, storage, fuel, vehicles and deliveries
- Work closely with the Logistics Coordination Centre to operate the logistics services at venues appropriately, consistently and in line with the overarching strategic plan.
- Manage the Master Delivery Schedule (MDS) on venue in coordination with relevant FA’s.
- Solve problems and make decisions independently without supervision
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of Deputy Venue Logistics Managers
- Lead, motivate and train a team of logistics staff and contractors
- Maintain a clean and safe work area on venue and ensure all Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in a leadership role in events, operations or logistics management
- Proven experience of building effective relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in managing on the day logistics/event operations and the management of a setup/breakdown and delivery schedule
- Attention to detail, excellent time management, interpersonal, oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and ability to learn and operate online systems
- Knowledge of logistics planning and management at events
- Highly resilient and able to work calmly when under pressure to meet immovable deadlines in challenging circumstances and to go the extra mile
- Proven experience within the Games or similar major events
- Experience and knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Training and Managing a team
- Health & Safety
- Radio communication
- Distribution and Dissolution
- Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Crowd Control Barriers
- Vehicles and Fuel
- Hold a valid full UK manual driving licence
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International provides year-round insights and learnings around increasing revenue through New Builds, Renovations, Service Expansions, Premium Seating, Hospitality, F&B, Technology and Reopening. For more information, click on the banner below…
The next edition of ALSD International is being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7, 2021, and will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments