- February 12, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for an Operations Manager at Commonwealth Games England, who will report to, and work closely with, CGE’s Head of Operations.
The Operations Manager will report to, and work closely with, CGE’s Head of Operations. They will work on a number of key operational projects for the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, ensuring we are best prepared and have created the right support environment for Team England’s athletes to perform at these home Games.
Support the Head of Operations on Team England’s delivery across four athlete village sites:
- Space planning o Scoping for furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E)
- Arrival and departure procedures
- Bed space planning
- Staffing requirements and scheduling
Play a key role in scoping and delivering on Team England’s satellite village requirements:
- Scope of requirements at each location
- Venue research, negotiations and contracts
- Space planning
- Relationship management
- Work with the Operations Coordinator in the procurement of all necessary FF&E, medical and recovery equipment for all sites
- Work with the Commercial team to ensure Team England branding opportunities are maximised at each site. Lead on the scope and define wayfinding signage requirements
- Work with NGBs to create an arrivals and departures plan across all sites, ensuring it connects to pre games technical training and other pre games activities
- Work with the wider Games Delivery team to scope and coordinate Village and Satellite Village arrival processes
- Support the Head of Operations in ensuring each deliverable is within budget and on time
- In conjunction with the wider Games Delivery team, ensure the relevant transfer of knowledge elements of delivery are captured and feedback appropriately Role Details
Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Head of Operations
Salary: circa £40k pa plus benefits
Contract: Fixed term to 30 September 2022
Location: London with considerable time spent in Birmingham
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #careersinsport #jobsinsport #sportsbiz #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
The upcoming virtual and hybrid editions of ALSD International will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence. The newly-added virtual event will be held March 15, 2021. For more, click on the banner below…
The hybrid event, being hosted by Liverpool Football Club, will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as technical tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. NB: Attendees can engage via the event microsites pre, during and post event.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments