- January 29, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to details bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Strategic Planning Manager with Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games to work on Festival UK* 2022.
Festival UK* 2022 are looking for an experience Strategic Planning Manager to come onboard and shape our strategic roadmap, lead on integrated planning and undertake agile programme management to ensure we deliver on our organisational and cross-partner goals. The appointed individual will bring substantial Project Management Office (PMO) and Project Planning experience or equivalent knowledge from a comparable role.
The role requires demonstrable skills in project delivery, a strong stakeholder management background and the ability to analyse risk in a complex multi-partner environment. The successful applicant will be creatively minded and solutions-focused in their approach. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the delivery phase of a major Festival that will mark a significant year in the cultural life of the UK and support our recovery from the global pandemic.
- Establish and embed programme management solutions across the partnership delivering a nationwide Festival of creativity and innovation in 2022.
- Manage the integrated programme plans for the Festival.
- Advise senior decision-makers on progress and strategic priorities, acting as a single source of truth for workstream performance against key milestones and overall delivery confidence.
- Communicate any critical areas of planning that require prioritised resource.
- Monthly internal and external reporting.
- Work collegiately with team members at all levels to devise, review and update project plans and track risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies using centralised programme management tools.
- Build capacity in partners by providing advice, guidance and support for project management.
- Develop strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and across external delivery teams.
- Positively represent the Business integration team, deputising for the Head of Business Integration as required.
- Work closely with senior management to clarify rapidly evolving requirements in a proactive and flexible way. Identify, recommend and support changes which facilitate accelerated programme delivery.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems.
- Lead review sessions and strategic planning workshops.
- Own and manage special projects, including undertaking any relevant additional duties identified by the Head of Business Integration and Executive Director.
Skills and Experience Required
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Significant industry experience in a similar role and/or recognised programme, project or PMO accreditation, i.e., Prince 2, Agile, P3M.
* Exceptional planning, project and PMO management skills,
* Ability to find clarity and direction in a multi-stakeholder environment.
* Experience of leading and motivating team members
* Experience of multi-partner project delivery.
* Experience in managing key programme management office functions, in particular risk management.
* Knowledge of the events sectors and/or cultural Festivals or venues.
* Experience of working for a publicly funded project.
* Experience of working on large-scale major programmes.
* Advanced knowledge of the Smartsheets platform.
* Understanding of project management in a creative / artistic context.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #careersinsport #jobsinsport #sportsbiz #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
The upcoming virtual and hybrid editions of ALSD International will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence. The newly-added virtual event will be held March 15, 2021. For more, click on the banner below…
The hybrid event, being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7th, will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and long-awaited networking events, as well as technical tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. NB: With the microsite now live, attendees can begin networking and sharing insights.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments