- January 24, 2021
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
Perth’s newest attraction, HALO, the rooftop tour at Optus Stadium, is now open for bookings and set to launch to the public on 27 February, further enhancing the experience at this fans-first venue, which recently became the first sporting venue in Western Australia to be 5G enabled.
People will be able to walk around the Optus Stadium rooftop and view Perth from a unique perspective and will also be able to lean out over the field of play for the ultimate, but safe, Instagram photo, 42m above the ground.
HALO will also offer people the chance to sit in specially constructed rooftop seats, even while sporting events are taking place on the field of play below.
The two hour tour, conducted by knowledgeable and experienced Tour Leaders, will provide people with the unique opportunity to see what their favourite sport or player looks like from 42m above.
THE OZONE, located on-site at Optus Stadium, is the public’s one stop shop for all Optus Stadium experiences. People can not only book HALO, but also the Optus Stadium Tour, the Warrang-Bridil Aboriginal Culture Tour and Matagarup Bridge Climb.
These attractions at Optus Stadium, are all part of the experience that make the Burswood Peninsular Perth’s most exciting adventure and entertainment precinct.
CEO, Mike McKenna, said the Optus Stadium already has a reputation as the most beautiful sporting venue in the world, the most technologically advanced stadium in Australia and is now becoming a 365 day a year venue:
Halo is a government-funded enhancement to the Stadium which broadens the options for fans to enjoy the venue and increases the return on the State investment. We want the public to visit Optus Stadium all year round whether it be taking in an AFL game, a Test match, a rock concert, or any number of world class sporting events that we have attracted so far.
But there is so much more on offer in the precinct, from a number of distinctive tours, the wonderful Stadium Park and playground areas, through to breakfast and lunch at the City View Café overlooking the Swan River and Perth.
Tours can be booked online at www.theozone.com.au
5G network officially switched on
The Optus Stadium recently took on the mantels of the first commercial building in Australia (excluding Optus retail stores) and the first sporting venue in Western Australia to be 5G enabled. Visitors to the Stadium who have a 5G handset can now benefit from the newly switched on 5G technology with faster download speeds and a more reliable video and app streaming experience.
The Benefits of 5G
- Fans who have a 5G handset will immediately benefit from the newly switched on 5G technology with faster download speeds and a more reliable video and app streaming experience – even when 60,000 people are uploading images and streaming video of an event to social media channels.
- Sports and entertainment fans won’t just get the thrill of watching live sport and concerts at Optus Stadium, they will also be able to access the benefits of 5G throughout the Stadium.
- 5G is an ideal network solution for stadiums enabling large numbers of users in a crowd to connect simultaneously.
- Part of Optus’ 5G network roll-out is to enable innovative new experiences across multiple industries including sports and entertainment.
Optus Stadium Tours
- Further enriching the in-stadium fan experience, Optus has also integrated 5G into the popular Optus Stadium Tour offering an immersive and interactive experience for tour patrons.
- Visiting the Optus Suite, guests will experience the Stadium’s world-famous light show using augmented reality run over the power of Optus 5G. Tickets on sale now via the Optus Stadium website.
- For a limited time, the Optus Suite features the unique “Super Zoomy OPTUS x Hot Wheels” race track experience (January & February only). All Optus Stadium Tour participates will receive a complimentary Hot Wheels memento.
Optus CEO, Kelly Bayer Rosmarin, said:
5G will be transformative in the home, at work and when we are at play, like cheering on your team or singing along to your favourite artist. We know people have been eager to get back into Optus Stadium with a full crowd and with Optus 5G now enabled throughout the stadium, fans will be able to connect at the speed of their excitement. This next generation technology has the potential to revolutionise the way sport and live entertainment is enjoyed.
President of Nokia Mobile Networks, Tommi Uitto, said:
We are proud to support Optus in their pioneering efforts to deliver compelling 5G indoor and outdoor coverage at Optus Stadium. While access to public events has been impacted in the current environment, Optus’ 5G network will ensure extraordinary 5G experiences for all in readiness for spectators filling stadiums to capacity again.
Sport & Recreation Minister, Mick Murray, said:
5G is set to transform the way we now watch sport and live performances as well as how we connect with everyone, while also significantly enhancing the fans first experience. It has been an exciting partnership with Optus as our naming rights partner, with many additional benefits such as added technology support and funding. I would like to thank the team at VenuesWest and VenuesLive for coordinating the roll out of this exciting new technology together with Optus, and providing an incredible fans first experience.
Images, courtesy: Optus Stadium
The upcoming virtual and hybrid editions of ALSD International will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence. The newly-added virtual event will be held March 15, 2021. For more, click on the banner below…
The hybrid event, being hosted by Liverpool Football Club September 6-7th, will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and long-awaited networking events, as well as technical tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. NB: With the microsite now live, attendees can begin networking and sharing insights.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments