- December 17, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
PTI Digital are looking for an ambitious Head of Data & Insight. If you love sport, live entertainment and the challenge of converting strategy into a high-quality executional approach, then PTI wants you on their team.
Specialists in the sport and entertainment industry, the company’s head office is in the UK, whilst they have also expanded into Spain and Australia in 2020, with plans in North America from 2021.
PTI work across a turnkey digital offering; consulting; technology selection; deployment; and commercialisation, and are strengthening the team to support their growing client base and global expansion plans across this offering.
The Group has worked with over 75 clubs and venues globally, covering 40% of the Premier League, 70% of the EFL Championship and eight diverse sports alongside our entertainment portfolio.
This role aims to blend internal support for our Commercial Services projects, alongside the ability to deliver data consultancy to clients front of house. It will be fast-paced, occasionally requiring evening and weekend work given the nature of the business.
- Data driven mindset with the ability to work across multiple clients and multiple technology stacks to support their needs
- Strategic mindset, able to understand the PTI growth strategy
- Proactive planner, prepared to take responsibility, confident in managing upwards and prepared to challenge
- Passionate about the role that data and digital transformation can play in the sports and entertainment world
- Interested in the sports business industry, able to understand the context of the world in which PTI operates
- Excited by the size of the opportunity to grow internally and embrace the fail fast, learn fast innovation culture of the business
- Ability to work individually where required with excellent communication skills to collaborate with the team via remote working
- Ability to build relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- Experience managing a small team including leading projects and ad-hoc working groups
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to write high value documents with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and capacity to give and receive constructive feedback
Objectives of the Role
- Lead in the development of the data and digital maturity modelling for application across the PTI client base
- Develop and execute the reporting solutions to monitor the improved data and digital performance of PTI clients
- Develop business modelling and financial forecasts for PTI clients relating to data strategy
- Where necessary, act as a Head of Data for clients on ad hoc or extended periods based on client needs
- Support the Chief Data and Digital Officer in prospect meetings through information gathering e.g. client needs, client goals and align to PTI offerings
- Attend and support the initial client discovery meetings to help identify the current digital and data ‘as is’ status and deliver the key findings
- Help manage the requirements assessment and initial write up of RFP’s for key PTI clients in relation to their digital and data strategies
- Manage, with the support of the Chief Data and Digital Officer, the key data (and digital) tender processes for PTI clients. This includes the management of and organising of key client stakeholders and the vendors involved in the process
- Deliver audits, strategy documents and roadmaps for PTI clients – taking ownership of particular clients or areas of a client’s delivery
- Pro-actively research key data trends in the sports and entertainment verticals (and also other verticals that could cross over)
- Enhancing the PTI brand, image reputation and profile
Future of the Role
The role has significant growth potential, domestically and internationally, supporting the growth of the company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in the Sports and Entertainment verticals, or a related field, is a pre-requisite
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- The ability to analyse, model and interpret large data sets
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques
- The ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
- Ability to analyse existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Innovative and creative thinker able to approach complicated situations in a simple manner
- Confident communication and presentation skills when speaking with all levels
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally
- Full clean driving licence
For further information or to apply, click here.
PTI is a valued client of Sports Venue Business. For more information on their industry-leading solutions, click on the image below…
The upcoming ‘hybrid’ edition of ALSD International will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence.
The event will feature a high-level conference, exhibition and networking events, as well as technical tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena. NB: The microsite is now ‘live’, enabling attendees to start networking, so make sure to secure your place.
#ALSDInternational – EMEA’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments