- October 27, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Featured Articles, Features, Home News, Industry News, Interviews, News, Press Releases, Videos
In this latest interview, we hear from Patrick McMeekin, Exclusive Licensee for SEATSERVE in the UK and Ireland, on the evolution of sports technology.
Sports Venue Business recently caught up with Patrick McMeekin of SEATSERVE – widely regarded as the ultimate Mobile Ordering & Fulfilment Platform – who provided insights about the major uptick that’s been witnessed sector-wide regarding the use of technology, especially contactless and cashless.
Patrick also shared details on the test events completed at Premiership Rugby’s Harlequins’ Twickenham Stoop Stadium (The Stoop) and Gloucester Rugby’s Kingsholme Stadium, and specifically the lessons learned, highlighting the positive feedback SEATSERVE received post-event from Compass and Freemans Event Partners.
In a time of socially-distanced events and games, Patrick highlighted how SEATSERVE is able to safely deliver fans their food, drinks and merchandise straight to their seats, all without them having to miss out on any of the action, and all while ensuring they can safely enjoy their entertainment.
Patrick also talked about his upcoming speaker role at the next edition of ALSD International, being held at client venue, Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium, March 15-16, 2021.
To find out more on the two pilot events completed by Harlequins at The Stoop and Gloucester Rugby at Kingsholme Stadium, simply follow the links below:
- Sky News: Harlequins vs Bath marks return of Premiership rugby with fans in pilot scheme
- Quins: Supporters share their positive experiences from their return to The Stoop
- The Times: Harlequins: we’ve shown everyone how to handle return of crowds
- SoGlos: Gloucester Rugby launches in-seat delivery service with Freemans Event Partners
- Event Industry News: Gloucester-based Freemans Event Partners delivers in-seat service at Gloucester Rugby
- SEATSERVE: Time-lapse video