- September 11, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Health & Safety Advisor at The FA. This role will be responsible for ensuring that all property related undertakings at Wembley Stadium follow health and safety best practice, achieving legal compliance as a minimum, and are supported by the correct policies, procedures and documentation.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
Working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders, this role will ensure that Wembley Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business as usual and event activities.
The role plays a key part in implementing and developing the Football Association’s Health and Safety Management system to ensure legal compliance, minimise risk and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Ensure Wembley National Stadium is a safe venue during property associated works and for use during both business as usual and event activities.
- Act as the key point of contact for all venue property health and safety assistance, including Facilities Management and Capital Projects.
- Ensure legal compliance as a minimum utilising tool such as risk registers, compliance inspections and audits, documentation reviews, procurement processes, and the permit to work system.
- Work proactively with stadium service providers to ensure they follow current health and safety best practice and conform to applicable standards.
- Be the conduit to enable external assessments of risk including fire risk assessments and external health and safety audits.
- Lead committees and meetings such as the Property Health and Safety Sub-Committee and Fire Safety Working Group in an efficient and constructive manner.
- Implement and develop the Football Association Health and Safety Management System.
- Write and review health and safety policies and procedures which are relevant, engaging and in-line with business strategy and priorities.
- Collaboratively assist departments with assessments of risks and controls, review incoming documentation, proactively providing constructive feedback ensuring all venue policies are adhered to.
- Conduct health and safety audits and inspections, investigate adverse events to prevent re-occurrence, compile data for reporting to senior management.
- Implement measures to enable continual improvement of safety performance, establishing industry best practice, utilising a range of available resources.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the stadium and FA group priorities.
- Deputise for the Health and Safety Manager – Wembley as required, including event day responsibilities.
- Share best practice with the Health and Safety Advisor at St. George’s Park, providing assistance as required.
- Provide health and safety advice to the wider FA business where required.
- Any other reasonable additional tasks.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#jobsinfootball #jobsinsport #sportsbiz #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
The 2020 ‘hybrid’ edition of ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – will focus on increasing revenue via new builds, renovations, service expansions & technology, and reopening with confidence. The physical event – being hosted at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium, October 12-13 – will be fully virtualised, welcoming both in-person and remote attendees.
ALSD International 2020 will feature a high-level conference (with sessions being streamed), an exhibition hall (physical & virtual), behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena (physical & virtual), and numerous networking events (physical & virtual), ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments