- August 21, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Broadcast Lighting and Rigging Technical Manager at Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022.
B2022 are looking for a Broadcast Lighting and Rigging Technical Manager to provide technical consultation, design, planning and delivery support to the Birmingham 2022 Contract Management and Overlay Teams for Broadcast Lighting, Rigging, and Technology Support Structure packages during tender preparation, contract execution and post-contract delivery phases.
* Manage and work with specialist consultants, internal and external stakeholders, to gather requirements, agree service levels, develop and define scopes of work and technical specifications
* Ascertain design requirements from Birmingham 2022 Functional Area (FA) teams (such as Broadcast, Ceremonies, Sports, Technology) working in collaboration with the Overlay Team
* Tender preparation including initial design development, supplier scope of works, certifier requirements and technical work specifications
* Participate in tender Q&A, site visits and supplier presentations as the key VDO representative
* Evaluate tender responses as part of the technical evaluation team
* Coordinate with multiple FAs, Suppliers, venue owners and all other stakeholders regarding the lighting requirements, rigging items and technology structures to be supported. Validate design proposals with existing venue infrastructure via site audits and design confirmations with venue owners.
* Work with the Suppliers to validate the lighting levels, uniformities, quality, access systems, electrical systems, structural support systems, cable management, rigging points, reflected ceiling plans and site geometry
* Undertake detailed design reviews of supplier and consultant design information. Work with client stakeholders to manage review process towards achieving design sign-off and scope confirmation.
* Ensure integration and communication of design information with wider venue overlay/temporary power teams.
* Monitor onsite delivery, installation and testing/commissioning and certifications
* Ensure all items are delivered as per the agreed programme and requirements
* Resolve onsite issues with relevant Stakeholders and Suppliers
* Monitor all the Venues with requirements, including any field of play/venue transitions
* Provide reports on daily monitored venue status and highlight issues
* Liaise with Suppliers regarding any daily inspections and maintenance
* Oversee the execution of the agreed Service Levels
* Act as the key client contact for suppliers on a day-to-day basis for all technical matters to support the Contract Managers in charge of the Contracts
* Interface between Suppliers and VDO to manage cost, schedule and scope of work
* Provide costing estimates and validation for Overlay Managers
* Manage the Overlay database for areas of responsibility
* Work with Regulatory Compliance Manager, H&S Manager, Programme Manager, Engineering Services Manager and contractors to ensure compliance with schedule, health and safety, building code and permitting regulations
* Act as an escalation point for Overlay Managers to resolve technical issues related to commodities
* Identify and develop risk control measures to mitigate potential risks associated with project
Skills & Experience Required
* 10+ years’ work experience with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the delivery of temporary event lighting, rigging and structures
* Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on Word and Excel
* Ability to successfully utilise, interpret drawings/AutoCAD use
* Highly developed stakeholder management skills
* Able to work independently, with a strong tolerance for ambiguity of an evolving organisation
* Demonstrable strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Exemplary negotiation skills
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
* Experience of working in/with the public and private sectors
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#B2022 #Birmingham2022 #careers #jobsinsport #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s physical event will be complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments