- August 14, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Producer, Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022. This role will suit an experienced Producer from an arts, culture or public programming background.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the development, planning, negotiation and delivery of commissions across the UK – working collaboratively with coproducing and commissioning partners to deliver work in a highly devolved delivery model.
Festival 2022 is a major UK-wide festival of creativity and innovation, backed by £120m of new investment. The Festival will take place across England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales throughout 2022. It will deliver a programme of ground-breaking new commissions with the ambitions of reaching millions; achieving the project’s two objectives of bringing people together and promotion the UK’s creativity to the world.
Festival 2022 is seeking to appoint two Senior Producers to lead on the development, planning and delivery of ambitious creative commissions as part of Festival 2022. Reporting to the Head of Commissioning, the Senior Producer(s) will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of a portfolio of large-scale new commissioned projects, designed to engage millions of people across the four nations of the UK.
The salary for these roles is in the region of £42,500 to £50,000.
This role will suit an experienced Producer from an arts, culture or public programming background. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, planning, negotiation and delivery of commissions across the UK – working collaboratively with co-producing and commissioning partners to deliver work in a highly devolved delivery model.
* Lead on the development and delivery of new commissions for Festival 2022, overseeing the development, planning and delivery of projects in partnership with co-commissioning and producing partners in a highly devolved delivery model.
* Work closely with the Head of Commissioning and the wider creative team to scope prospective projects, programme strands and ideas – working up delivery plans.
* Manage relationships with commissioning and producing partners across the four nations of the UK, developing strong working relationships with creative partners, artists and other partner organisations to facilitate the delivery of work.
* Negotiate and agree commissioning principles for relevant contracts and creative briefs.
* Manage delegated commissioning budgets within the organisation’s financial controls.
* Track and report on project budgets, including third party project expenditure.
* Maintain oversight for all project documentation.
* Line manage a small team of producers to ensure all areas of work are well resourced.
* Support the capacity building of commissioned organisations and creative collaborators to maximise the benefits for organisations from being part of the Festival.
* Scope partnership opportunities to maximise the impact of commissions.
* Prepare creative presentations and background briefing materials on commissioned content and the development process underpinning the Festival programme.
* Ensure that all project activity is carried out to the highest possible standard and that any events, programmes and activities are in full compliance of Health & Safety requirements.
* Champion representation, accessibility and inclusion across the commissioning process.
* Working as part of the wider team, shape the overall vision and direction of Festival 2022 as a nationwide celebration of creativity and innovation that will reach millions.
* Relevant professional industry experience
* Demonstrable experience of commissioning creative work at scale in a creative or events context
* Proven success in managing complex projects, events, commissions, co-productions and/or cultural programmes
* Strong knowledge of the creative commissioning process and experience of working across different producing and commissioning models
* Understanding of multi-partner commissioning and delivery.
* Proven track record of working with artists and creative partners in the development of new work and/or commissions.
* Strong existing networks and contacts within the creative industries.
* Understanding of the legal framework in which commissioning agreements are devised.
* Knowledge of public procurement and/or producing publicly funded work.
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#B2022 #Birmingham2022 #careers #eventprofs #eventsindustry #jobsinsport #majorevents #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s physical event will be complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments