- July 30, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Head of World Para Swimming at the International Paralympic Committee (IPC).
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) offers the newly-created position of a full-time Head of World Para Swimming (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural team at the IPC Headquarters in Bonn, Germany. For this position, the IPC will review applications and interview candidates on a rolling basis. The successful candidate may be subject to a personal background check.
The Head of World Para Swimming reports to the Managing Director of World Para Sports and will be responsible for delivering the objectives of the World Para Swimming strategic plan.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage the operations of World Para Swimming and be accountable for all Para swimming related matters;
- Drive innovation and further enhance the sustainability of World Para Swimming through a period of significant organisational change;
- Execute the operational plan, monitor its effectiveness in delivering the objectives of the 2021-2024 strategic plan, and manage annual budgets in accordance with the strategic and operational priorities;
- Develop a balanced, universal portfolio of assets which are financially sustainable and contribute to the growth of operations and the sport;
- Lead and manage a small team of dedicated professionals; and
- Develop rapport and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, Para athletes, officials and volunteers, National Paralympic Committees, national federations, sport technical and advisory committees, organising committees, and IPC departments.
Core requirements include:
- Passion for the IPC’s vision, mission and values;
- University degree or equivalent experience in sport management, business administration or similar;
- An exceptional and innovative leader with experience in a senior management position of a sporting organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in leading an organisation through significant change, driving commercially viable sporting initiatives that contribute to the growth of the sport, competitions and operations;
- A proven record of developing and executing operational plans to achieve desired strategic objectives;
- Experience in overseeing the delivery and growth of major events;
- Exceptional project and stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to travel internationally.
Desired requirements include:
- Experience in a swimming federation at national or international level; and
- Experience working in Para sport.
About the IPC and World Para Swimming
At the IPC, we work as one team, aligned and focused on fulfilling our vision and mission. The IPC’s vision is for an inclusive world through Para sport. We believe that Change Starts With Sport, and that the work of the Paralympic Movement is a catalyst for driving social inclusion and advancing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The IPC seeks to use the influential global position of the Paralympic Movement and the growing profile of Para athletes to challenge the stigma attached to disability and empower social transformation. It is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. We supervise the organisation of the Paralympic Games and Paralympic Winter Games and serve as International Federation for 10 Para sports.
World Para Swimming is the department within the IPC responsible for the operations, competitions and development of the sport. Para swimming is practised internationally by athletes from over 100 countries, and the sport has featured in every edition of the Paralympic Games, growing into one of the biggest and most attractive Para sports. Para swimming is open to athletes in all eligible impairment groups who compete in backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, freestyle, medley and relay events.
Competition opportunities include the Paralympic Games, biennial world championships, regional championships and the annual World Series events. World Para Swimming uses the same rules as its Olympic counterpart, with some modifications where needed. World Para Swimming is looking for an experienced Head of World Para Swimming to lead and further develop the sport.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #IPC #jobsnews #jobsinsport #sportsjobs #sportsbiz #sportsindustry #eventsindustry #majorevents
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s event will feature a physical event complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments