- July 9, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Hospitality Operations Senior Manager with FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC.
FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup 2022. With overall responsibility for the local implementation and monitoring of the FIFA hospitality programme for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™, the Senior Hospitality Operations Manager establishes and ensures an effective working relationship between FIFA Zürich, Q22 and the Hospitality rights holder.
The successful candidate will work in direct collaboration with FIFA Zürich, using their expertise to evaluate, implement improvements and enhance the overall high-level customer and hospitality experience.
- Accountable for the implementation and successful delivery of the operations for the FIFA Hospitality programme, in all stadiums of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
- Guarantee Hospitality Servicing to FIFA’s Commercial Affiliates and Hospitality Rights Holder, managing their requirements and requests and ensuring contractual compliance from all parties
- Manage cross-divisional communication and service level agreements for the implementation of hospitality requirements and services, ensuring deliveries to the highest standards and in respect to contractual obligations
- Responsible for keeping project management tools updated and ensuring alignment between Q22, FIFA, Host Country and Hospitality rights holder project timelines & milestones
- Responsible for hospitality flow data, validating all allocation plans from the rights holder in close collaboration with ticketing
- Designs hospitality guest flows and ensures correct representation of hospitality flows in Maps and Plans
- Coordinates the Hospitality dressing & signage requirements and deliverables with the local dressing & signage team and the Hospitality rights holder
- Manages Hospitality Volunteer recruitment and training
- Prepares regular project status reports to the Hospitality project group in Zürich
- Prepares and delivers event-time training for Hospitality venue teams
- Monitors the local activities of the Hospitality rights holder, Commercial Affiliates and their suppliers
- Close down of local operations, production of final debriefs & reports and management of handback procedures and insurance claims
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent in Hospitality, Sports & Event Management, Business Studies or similar
- At least 8 years of management experience in the Sports hospitality and/or large-scale event hospitality industry
- Proven experience with event ticketing
- Proven experience in managing large-scale international events, preferably Sports events
- Proven experience in managing a team and multiple agencies
- Experience of championing and driving change
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- International business profile is a must
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written skills an advantage
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Strong knowledge of architect drawings and blueprints, good knowledge of AutoCad
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)
#careers #FIFAWorldCup #football #hospitality #jobsinfootball #jobsinsport #sportsjobs #sportsbiz #SportsHospitality
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s event will feature a physical event complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.