- April 14, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
Birmingham 2022 (B2022) has a number of exciting vacancies in Venue Management and Event Services, including Lead Venue Planner, Cluster Venue Manager, Head of Event Services and Event Services Workforce & Training Manager.
Lead Venue Planner
The B2022 Organising Committee (OC) are looking to recruit a Lead Venue Planner, who will play a key role in assisting the Venue Management team in the coordination and delivery of all aspects of venue and event planning, and the overall delivery of the Games. The purpose of this role is to resolve any challenges which have arisen from the first iteration of Venue Operational Planning (VOP), and to then lead the venues through the following iterations of VOP, whilst carrying out various other Games planning duties.
- Develop, document and apply cross-venue planning principles and service levels that will ensure efficient, effective and co-ordinated planning and delivery of competition venues.
- Play a lead role in the integration of Functional Areas (FAs) into the planning process and ensure FA requirements are met and that appropriate trade-offs are made where required.
- Liaise with the FAs involved in operational planning to ascertain FA key dates and subsequently manage the detailed program plan for assigned B2022 venues to ensure the completion of VOP deliverables on time and in accordance with interdependent work streams.
- Create and produce, in association with the Cluster Venue Manager (CVM), venue specific operational planning documentation and presentations.
- Facilitate the integration of the operational plans, or equivalent, of each of the B2022 OC FAs required to operate at the venue(s) to ensure the completion of venue planning work streams (including development of Venue Operations Manuals, Contingency plans etc.).
- Prepare Games-time venue documentation including Daily Run Sheets, Radio Fleet maps and Pre-Event Checklists, including venue specific safety documentation.
- Liaise with Venue Development and Overlay and the Sport FAs in monitoring venue design, ensuring design meets venue operational needs, and can operate in a safe and secure manner.
- Lead the venue team in desktop and simulation readiness exercises and assist with venue specific requirements – content, delivery and evaluation.
- Develop and manage relationships with key venue stakeholders, both internal and external, including venue owners, councils, licensing authorities and emergency services.
Closing date: May 7th, 2020.
For further information on the Lead Venue Planner vacancy, go to: https://lnkd.in/egxDwMQ
Cluster Venue Manager
The B2022 OC are looking to recruit a Cluster Venue Manager who will be responsible for further developing the planning principles of the venues within their cluster(s), with all venues having gone through the first iteration of Venue Operational Planning (VOP). The position will also be responsible for developing each of their venue’s operational plans and resolving of the venue’s issues. Additionally, the role will be key in leading and developing wider Venue Management teams and the building of venue-specific teams.
- Lead, co-ordinate and integrate the ongoing planning and delivery of a cluster of venues. This will include the co-ordination, management and development of cross Functional Area (FA) cluster teams including Overlay, Technology, Logistics, Sport, Transport and Security.
- Building upon pre-agreed organisation and venue wide planning principles:
- assist with the development and programming of the second and third iterations of Venue Operational Planning (VOP2 & VOP3)
- develop and communicate cluster specific venue planning and delivery principles
- deliver VOP2 & VOP3 process for venues within their cluster(s), in association with other VMA team members and key FAs
- coordinate and manage the planning, validation and delivery of other venue tasks and deliverables in line with identified milestones
- Capture and facilitate the resolution of cluster specific and venue-specific issues. Problem solve or escalate major cross-cluster or cross FA issues that require central resolution.
- Establish excellent working relationships with colleagues within the Operations Division, other Functional Area Managers, incumbent venue teams and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate the development of licensing documentation, policies and procedures, project plans, emergency evacuation plans, readiness and testing exercises and venue C3 principles.
- Assist with the recruitment and development (including training and mentoring) of the wider VMA team.
- Develop the cluster and venue team approach through the planning phases, leading the migration to operations on venue.
- Establish positive outcomes and pragmatic solutions to complex issues, whilst developing cost effective and optimised operational solutions that enhance the Games overall.
Closing date: May 7th, 2020.
For further information on the Cluster Venue Manager position, go to: https://lnkd.in/enB6ag4
Head of Event Services
The Event Services (EVS) Functional Area (FA) is often referred to as the Face of the Games as they are the primary point of interaction with over one million expected Spectators and other Games clients. The EVS FA is responsible for delivering the core key functions of stewarding, ushering, ticket taking, spectator marshalling, access monitoring and provision of spectator information and services on venue; ultimately ensuring an excellent spectator experience at all Birmingham 2022 Competition venues.
The B2022 OC are looking for a strong and capable Head of Event Services, responsible for delivering the EVS FA; ensuring that Front of House operations at all Birmingham 2022 competition venues is running safely, effectively and efficiently and that the on-venue experience for Spectators is considered in all elements of planning.
Reporting to the Director of Venue Management and Event Services, the Head of Event Services is the lead position within the EVS FA. This position will require the individual to be an inspiring people leader who is able to motivate a blended team of over 4,000 paid staff, stewarding contractors and volunteers. The candidate should be a skilled project manager, have superior customer service and communication skills, whilst providing varied multi–sport Games related advice in the key area of EVS.
- Build, lead and inspire an ever-expanding team that will grow to include over 4,000 Volunteers, Paid Staff and Contractors during Games time.
- Instil a sense of motivation into EVS lead staff equipping them with the skills to effectively manage their teams and operations.
- Building upon pre-agreed principles, define the agreed approach/vision to ensure Spectators expectations are exceeded in all interactions.
- Develop, lead, plan and establish EVS service levels to be provided to spectators in line with allocated budget.
- Lead integration with key FA’s such as Security, Ticketing, Venue Management, Transport and Accessibility as well as other Front of House functions such as Catering, Cleaning and Waste and Retail to deliver an excellent experience for spectators.
- Develop and maintain exceptional working relationships with other FA’s and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the EVS Volunteer programme is supported and held in high regard across FA’s and other stakeholders.
- Lead relationship management with chosen stewarding companies.
- Provide strategic support to the Director of Venue Management and Event Services as required on EVS matters.
- Building upon pre-agreed EVS principles of operations, undertake Venue Operational Planning on behalf of EVS as per B2022 planning cycles including scope, services, space, FF&E, technology and workforce requirements ensuring information is provided to resource providers as requested.
- Develop and oversee EVS purchasing and procurement packages.
- Determine scope and services that will be offered during Test Events aligned with overall organisational vision.
- Support the coverage of the Venue Management & Event Services Desk within the Games Operations Centre during Games time whilst continuing to oversee the management of the EVS function.
Closing date: May 7th, 2020.
For further information on the Head of Event Services vacancy, go to: https://lnkd.in/estpz2C
Event Services Workforce & Training Manager
The B2022 OC are looking to recruit an energetic and proactive Event Services Workforce & Training Manager, to be responsible for the management of the EVS Workforce Supply Chain including all aspects of the planning and management of the workforce journey for approximately 4,000 paid staff, volunteers and contractors. This will include sourcing, attraction, recruiting, training, scheduling, rostering, deployment and management of the Event Services workforce.
Reporting to the Head of Event Services, this is a key leadership role within the EVS team and the ability to inspire and lead is integral to the success of the programme.
- Develop, plan and maintain the EVS Workforce key milestone and task list to ensure successful delivery of the Functional Area ensuring alignment with the Operations team.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the B2022 HR & Workforce teams and other key Functional Areas and stakeholders.
- Refine the EVS Workforce Plan, including position descriptions for paid, contractor and volunteer workforce, organisational charts, dot plans and transition plans from planning to Games time operations. Identify any gaps and overlaps and provide viable solutions.
- Lead the recruitment of the EVS workforce (paid, volunteer) in support of pre-Games and Games-time operations.
- Provide consultation and support to the EVS team with any workforce-related issues ensuring enquiries are handled professionally and expediently.
- Develop, lead and manage the EVS procurement and contract management for contractors providing stewarding services to EVS.
- In alignment with the EVS Leadership team plan and implement EVS workforce role-specific onboarding and training programmes across paid, volunteer and contractor workforce ensuring content, facilities and equipment are fit for purpose.
- Develop and implement scheduling, rostering and shift patterns for EVS Workforce.
- Establish and support workforce management strategies on venue such as deployment methodology, engagement, roster change management, performance management, and contingency strategy.
Closing date: May 7th, 2020.
For further information on the Event Services Workforce & Training Manager position, go to: https://lnkd.in/evCEvXk
To see more information and for application instructions, please follow the links above.
birmingham2022 commonwealthgames hiring jointheteam B2022 #eventhosting #eventmanagement #eventprofs #jobsinsport #sportsjobs #sportsbiz
ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, is being held at Liverpool FC’s iconic Anfield Stadium this October 12-13. It will include a conference examining how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations & service expansions, and how to recoup lost revenue due to COVID-19, as well as featuring an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services and solutions, plus behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share and do business.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat industry for the last 30 years