- April 1, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for an Overlay Cluster Manager with Birmingham 2022 to manage all aspects of the planning, design, delivery and removal/reinstatement of all competition and non-competition venues within a cluster, inclusive of test events.
In July 2022, Birmingham will host the XXII Commonwealth Games, the largest multi-sport event to be held in England in 10 years. Approximately 6,500 athletes and team officials from 71 nations and territories across the Commonwealth will come together in a 12-day celebration of sport and culture. Events will take place across Birmingham and the West Midlands, entertaining more than one million ticketed spectators and reaching a global broadcast audience of more than one billion.
Birmingham 2022 are seeking an experienced Overlay Cluster Manager to manage all aspects of the planning, design, delivery and removal/reinstatement of all competition and non-competition venues within a cluster, inclusive of test events.
- Manage team of Overlay Project Managers, Designers, Engineers, CAD Support, VDO Delivery
- Partners, Incumbent Venue Staff and others assigned to the cluster for all phases of the project.
- Provide leadership and development for Overlay cluster team through all phases of project.
- Manage and coordinate with partner Local Authorities/Local Government and legacy integration teams on Capital venue build scope, ensuring clarity of delivery responsibilities, tracking and issues resolution.
- Work with design and engineering consultants during planning phases for scope and project development. Manage consultants on site during the delivery and removal/reinstatement phases.
- Coordinate with functional area teams to develop scope and deliver to meet their Games time requirements for each venue in cluster, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose for Games client groups.
- Working closely with VDO department design resource, lead and manage the Venue
- Operational Planning (VOP) process on behalf of the VDO Department to determine venue planning principles, validate design baseline assumptions, establish Overlay service levels and scope requirements, and action agreed outputs.
- Work closely with venue teams for planning, scope development and delivery.
- Report, manage and resolve risks and issues for venues in cluster.
- Develop, manage and maintain budgets for each venue in a cluster.
- Manage special projects as it pertains to overlay development as required.
- Develop, manage and maintain delivery schedules/build programmes for each venue in cluster.
- Manage and coordinate key clients’ scope of works; inclusive of Host Broadcast, Commercial Partners and Games Sponsors
- Report and update The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) and other key stakeholders with venues progress, tracking, issue resolution, etc.
- Ensure overlay requirements are planned, designed and delivered safely and in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Manage all deliverables required to obtain relevant statutory sign-offs and regulatory code compliance (health and safety, planning, building control, fire engineering, food/hygiene safety and crowd management) relating to the design, planning and delivery of overlay.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Design-related professional qualification with post qualification experience
- Well-developed CAD skills; AutoCAD and REVIT
- Excellent report writing, design capabilities and communication skills.
- Previous sport venue overlay and design experience of Multi-Sport Games is essential
- Demonstrated ability and experience of working with statutory authorities such as Planning, Building Control and Licensing to obtain required approvals
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#B2022 #Birmingham2022 #careers #commonwealthgames #jobsinsport #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, is being held at Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield Stadium this October 12-13. The event will include a high-level conference focused on how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations and service expansions, and via the latest innovations in technology and F&B, as well as ideas on how to recoup lost revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to an exhibition showcasing the latest products, services and solutions, networking events and behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for 30 years