- March 16, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Special Events Manager at Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA).
The successful applicant will lead the planning and implementation of the annual FIFA Congress as well as other corporate events (e.g. FIFA Medical Conference, FIFA Council meetings) in close cooperation with the local football association and event agencies, and preparing a comprehensive debriefing.
- Leading the planning and implementation of the annual FIFA Congress as well as other corporate events (e.g. Medical Conference, FIFA Council meetings) in close cooperation with the local football association and event agencies and preparing a comprehensive debriefing
- Managing and controlling the events budgets, constant optimisation of expenditure/income – budget control
- Leading the project team and all internal and external stakeholders
- Taking responsibility for defined areas within the project organisation
- Conceptual and structured planning of all of the preparations with internal and external parties
- Providing regular information to all partners involved in the project (internal and external)
- Communicating clearly with the member associations
- Respecting deadlines in accordance with the internal regulations/statutes
- Planning and performing inspections and drafting corresponding reports containing measures, as well as monitoring the implementation of these measures
- Preparing the necessary contractual basis in good time in cooperation with the FIFA Legal Division and monitoring compliance with these contracts
- Deputising for other Event Managers in Team.
- Assisting with the continuous further development of FIFA corporate events (innovation, new techniques, processes)
- Commercial qualification in marketing and/or event management
- Several years’ experience in event and project management, including planning and managing a large schedule of complex international events
- At least five years project lead experience in an international event agency
- Organisation of international congresses and fairs with more than 1,000 participants
- Extremely good organisational skills and high quality standards
- Very good language skills in English; German, French and Spanish an advantage
- Good MS Office skills and experience using event management tools
- Identification with FIFA values
You can expect a highly motivated and helpful team working in a dynamic multicultural environment. If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for an international organisation, please click “apply here” and submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters) to: Fédération Internationale de Football Association, FIFA-Strasse 20, 8044 Zurich, Switzerland.
For further information and to apply, click here.
#sportsjobs #jobsinsport #jobsinfootball #football #FIFA #eventprofs #SportsBiz #sportsbusiness
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector, is being held at Liverpool Football Club’s Anfield stadium this October 12-13. The event will include a high-level conference focused on how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest innovations in technology and F&B, in addition to an exhibition showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, networking events and behind-the-scenes tours of Anfield, Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector