- March 12, 2020
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
The Texas Rangers have announced the official launch of their mobile experience within the MLB Ballpark app in partnership with Venuetize, one of the leading mobile technology platform providers in sports and entertainment.
The MLB Ballpark application is available on both Google Play and Apple App Stores. As Rangers fans enter this new era of entertainment with the grand opening of Globe Life Field, the state of the art 1.8 million-square-foot facility, they will also be provided with an upgraded mobile experience starting March 31st at the Rangers’ home opener.
Joe Januszewski, Rangers EVP and Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer, said:
One of our primary goals at the new Globe Life Field is to provide our guests with a seamless gameday experience. This requires a transformation in our customer interactions. With our guests now being able to use their mobile device as a digital ticket and wallet, we are ensuring they spend less time in line and more time enjoying the amenities and experiences at our new venue. When selecting a partner who could help us stitch this complex commerce ecosystem together, Venuetize was an easy choice.
The newly launched mobile capabilities within the MLB Ballpark app will provide Rangers guests with the best offerings and experience when attending Globe Life Field.
Prominent features of the app include:
- All game attendees will be able to use the mobile payment wallet from the Rangers tab in the MLB Ballpark app to pay for food, beverages, and merchandise via their phone. Season ticket member discounts for food, beverages, and merchandise will automatically be applied in the mobile wallet.
- Ticket holders in The Lexus Club, The StubHub Club, and Balcones Speakeasy will be able to order food and beverage for in-seat delivery by utilising Venuetize’s mobile ordering platform from the Rangers tab.
- Express pickup will be available for ticket holders in the The Lexus Club, Evan Williams Lounge, and Germania Insurance Lounge for retail items purchased at Globe Life Field. Merchandise will be delivered to a cabinet of lockers and fans will retrieve their order by unlocking a locker using a 4-digit pin retrieved from the Rangers tab in the app.
- Season ticket members will have access to purchase Captain Cash for use through the mobile payment wallet on the Rangers tab. Captain Cash can be used to purchase food, beverages, and merchandise at Globe Life Field.
Chris Dill, VP of Business Development at Venuetize, said:
At Venuetize, we are constantly striving to create a convenient, memorable experience for guests. We are thrilled to partner with the Texas Rangers, where Venuetize can continue to showcase our expertise in mobile commerce and mobile ordering to enhance the guest experience at events over traditional, slower payment methods.
For more information, visit Texasrangers.com/Ballparkapp.
About the Texas Rangers
The Texas Rangers are an American professional baseball team based in Arlington, Texas, located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. They compete in Major League Baseball (MLB) as a member club of the American League (AL) West division. In 2020, they will move to the new Globe Life Field after having played at Globe Life Park in Arlington from 1994 to 2019.
About Globe Life Field
The Texas Rangers are transforming the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with the addition of their new state-of-the-art ballpark, Globe Life Field. The official groundbreaking for the Rangers’ future home took place on September 28, 2017 with construction beginning the following week. The new 1.8 million square foot ballpark, which is located on 13 acres just south of the current Globe Life Park in Arlington, includes a retractable roof for climate control and shelter for fans during the hot summer months.
Globe Life Field, which is being built as a public private partnership between the City of Arlington and the Rangers, is due to open later this month. The work is being overseen by Manhattan Construction Company, the Construction Manager of the project. HKS is the design architect for the project.
For further information on Globe Life Field, go to: texasrangers.com/globelifefield
Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable. The company’s mobile platform integrates with existing venue infrastructure to deliver mobile wallets, contextual advertising and information, and other applications that improve and innovate the guest experience. Founded in 2014, Venuetize works with professional sports teams, stadiums and arenas, casinos, entertainment districts and shopping destinations throughout North America.
Venuetize’s VP of Business Development, Chris Dill, is a regular speaker at the Annual ALSD Conference and Tradeshow.
#MLB #stadium #sportsentertainment #sportsbusiness #sportsbiz #sportsarchitecture
The 2020 edition of ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector being hosted by Liverpool Football Club this October – will feature a high level conference focused on how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations and service expansions, in addition to behind-the-scenes venue tours, numerous networking events and an exhibition showcasing the latest products, services and solutions.
#alsdinternational – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#ALSD – Leading the Premium Seat sector for the last 30 years
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments