- December 16, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Programme Manager at The Daily Mile.
The Daily Mile Programme Manager will be responsible for planning and delivering the international growth of The Daily Mile through a combination of communications and publicity and successful partner development.
The Daily Mile Foundation (TDMF) is a charity supported by INEOS. Its aim is to encourage primary schools and nurseries to get children running for 15 minutes every day to improve their wellbeing and create healthy habits for life. Today 10,000 schools across 32 countries are participating; equating to 1 million children every day completing a Daily Mile.
The future potential for The Daily Mile has no boundaries. To raise awareness of the benefits of the initiative we are fortunate to have the endorsement of world class sports men and women and relationships with national media but have the ambition to reach even further afield. To deliver this amazing initiative we are partnering with increasing numbers of high-profile organizations including governments, health organisations and sports associations around the world.
This role will be instrumental in helping The Daily Mile to become a truly global movement.
You will be responsible for planning and delivering the international growth of The Daily Mile through a combination of communications and publicity and successful partner development. You will ensure that the impact of The Daily Mile on children is being appropriately monitored and evaluated.
You will also manage the team of regional Partnership Managers and the Digital & Communications Executive. You will report into The Daily Mile Project Director, who is also a trustee of TDMF and have regular contact with The Daily Mile’s founder, Elaine Wyllie MBE.
MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLICITY:
- Develop and manage The Daily Mile’s UK and international campaign marketing and communication strategy (with support from INEOS Comms Team and external agencies) to support global partnerships and ambitions.
- Manage the ongoing ITV and INEOS UK advertising campaign
- Overseeing national launches and a stakeholder communications plan
- Act as Brand Champion for The Daily Mile with all partners and work with the Digital & Communications Executive to oversee appropriate use of The Daily Mile logo
- Capitalise on new opportunities to raise awareness of The Daily Mile, to secure new partnerships and to support existing partners to implement The Daily Mile in their territory more effectively.
PARTNERSHIP ORIGINATION AND MANAGEMENT:
- Develop new strategic implementation partnerships in UK and internationally to deliver growth in accordance with agreed 3 year and annual plans.
- Plan and lead regular meetings and communications with national and international partners including Government Departments, Local Authorities and National Governing Bodies of Sport.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with international delivery partners
- Develop a robust framework of KPIs to monitor delivery by partners depending on the strategic importance of their territories.
- Work with a team of Partnership Managers to ensure agreed implementation and delivery of The Daily Mile by each partner in their territory.
SCIENCE EXPERT STEERING GROUP:
- Work with the Research Coordinator to manage The Daily Mile Expert Steering Group research programme being delivered with Imperial College London.
- Ensure research findings are shared with partners and are used to support The Daily Mile campaign, as appropriate.
GOVERNANCE AND ORGANISATION:
- Develop and propose 3 year and annual plans for The Daily Mile initiative.
- Work with and support the Project Director with preparing for quarterly funding and Trustee meetings.
- Work with the Project Director to manage and monitor all legal requirements, including intellectual property and trademark management and Charity Commission annual review/reports.
- Work with the Project Director to ensure The Daily Mile has the resources in place to deliver agreed annual plans.
- 2.1 Degree
- Experience of leading and implementing major projects, within any sector
- Proven ability to quickly establish credibility and effectively manage relationships with multiple stakeholders in a variety of organisations in the UK and internationally
- Strategic & analytical thinking to help create and implement new plans for The Daily Mile
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent influencing and communication skills
- Experience of managing people
- Real interest in sport, wellbeing and working with children
- The ability to work flexibly and travel as required.
- You will need to be proactive with a strong bias for action and a good sense of humour is an asset.
Competitive salary + generous benefits package, including competitive pension plan. We are only able to consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
To view the full job description, find out more about The Daily Mile initiative, and apply for this exciting post, simply click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments