- December 10, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for an Assistant Technical Director at The FA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of England’s National Men’s Teams from under 15 to under 20. They will also be required to lead and develop the coaching staff and the men’s player development pathway through to the Men’s Senior National team.
- Responsible for the development of England’s National Men’s Teams from under 15 to under 20. Lead and develop the coaching staff and the men’s player development pathway through to the Men’s Senior National team.
- Assist the Technical Director in leading the Technical Directorate, based at St. George’s Park, through a period of transition and in pursuit of our strategic objectives.
- Deputise for the Technical Director as required and represent him internally managing executive matters, as well as externally managing relationships with stakeholders.
- Bring strong leadership presence to St. George’s Park and support the Technical Director in the development of St. George’s Park as a world leading performance, research and education centre.
- Chair and manage the directorates Technical Board.
- Lead the continuous development of our overall strategy for the Men’s National Teams, further developing the England DNA which encompasses an integrated, flexible, individual and needs based approach to all aspects of the technical, tactical, psychological, social and cultural development of England Men’s National Teams.
- Lead the operational delivery of a curriculum of technical work that enables the development of world leading capabilities in a high-performance team culture and make a significant contribution to talent identification and player insight.
- Deliver a holistic, comprehensive elite coach development programme for national coaches which enables the growth of all attributes of a high-performance international coach.
- Collaborate with all departments to create a high-performance mindset and deliver success at the highest levels of international tournament football.
- Develop links with peers in other departments, sports and organisations to ensure best practice is benchmarked and maintained.
- Support the transition of the current technical division structure and culture into a high-performance team based model in international football.
- Manage relationships with external service providers to ensure the highest quality services are offered and delivered.
- Develop close working relationships with peers in professional clubs to enable knowledge acquisition, insight and management of international players at each age group.
- Foster and manage close working relationships with national coaches and leads of other disciplines to ensure a cohesive multi-disciplinary approach is developed.
- Plan and manage the departmental budget to deliver overall objectives within the targets set for each season.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as required by the Technical Director.
Division: Technical Directorate
Location: National Football Centre, St. George’s Park
Closing Date: 8 January 2020
Vacancy Type: Full-time, Permanent
About The FA
Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation through Winning England Teams. The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
To deliver against our goal we have reallocated resources and invested heavily in developing a team of exceptional people capable of creating winning England teams at our world-class training facilities at St. George’s Park in Staffordshire.
This is a unique and exciting time to join The FA and the Technical Team will be integral to the organisation achieving its goals.
Applications for the role of Assistant Technical Director need to be completed by Wednesday 8th January.
For the full job description, simply click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments