- December 2, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Digital Strategy Manager at the British Olympic Association (BOA).
The successful candidate will be expected to lead the BOA’s digital strategy and roadmap, to ensure delivery and development of the key objectives of the strategy. Lead cross-organisational working groups to develop long-term strategic thinking to ensure the digital strategy supports commercial and brand objectives.
Overview of the role:
To lead the BOA’s digital strategy and roadmap, to ensure delivery and development of the key objectives of the strategy. Lead cross-organisational working groups to develop long-term strategic thinking to ensure the digital strategy supports commercial and brand objectives.
In particular, own and develop the process to commercialise the BOA’s digital assets, with specific reference to digital packages for partners in the build up to and during Tokyo 2020. Manage the delivery of digital packages for partners including sales, account management and reporting.
Ensure a coherent long-term channel strategy and support the Digital Product Manager in the development of platforms and products to ensure the BOA remains relevant to audiences throughout the quad period.
- Ongoing management of the BOA’s digital strategy and roadmap, leading regular Digital Steering Group meetings and responsible for updating senior management on the outputs and results of all digital objectives
- Manage all new business conversations in relation to digital and brand activations, working with the commercial team – and liaising with the Head of Marketing closely through the development of such rights – to create compelling and creative concepts that supplement the Team GB brand and content strategies. In doing so the role holder will ensure all such activations are valued appropriately, and include an accurate assessment of the cost of sale
- Overall responsibility for the development of digital activations for upselling to existing partners to drive incremental revenues for the BOA – in support of the organisation’s revenue objectives – including the development, valuation, sales process and analysis for digital packages against agreed KPIs and revenue targets
- Own and develop the process to commercialise the BOA’s digital assets, with specific reference to digital packages for partners in the build up to Tokyo 2020. Manage the delivery of digital packages for partners including sales, account management and reporting.
- Work with the Digital Communications Manager to deliver the content and channel strategy in support of the brand (and sub-brands) and its long-term growth and retention objectives in relation to audience(s) and audience engagement. Ensure the strategy is fully integrated for the delivery of content across all BOA owned digital and social channels
- Responsible for the oversight of ownership of digital media partners, organisations and brands, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube etc. Develop consistent strategic relationships at multiple levels to secure enhanced terms of business for the BOA and our partners, including specific commercial agreements where appropriate
- Support the Head of Marketing to develop the BOA’s customer data and associated CRM strategy, specifically the development of appropriate platforms to store and segment data
- Working with the Digital Product Manager and Digital Communications Manager, manage the appointment of digital and production agencies respectively
- Working with the Digital Product Manager, manage the digital budget
Team GB is one of the nation’s most successful sports teams and one of its favourite brands.
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) vision is to ‘unite and inspire the nation through the power of Olympic sport’, and its mission is to ensure Team GB is ‘the best supported team in Olympic competition’.
The BOA’s primary purpose is to:
- Select, lead and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC) and European Olympic Committee (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Olympic Games, European Youth Olympic Festivals and the European Games
- Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism in our territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of our mission is entirely dependent upon the income we receive from our commercial programmes, including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing and events.
The BOA is the United Kingdom’s National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic Sport responsible for promoting the Olympic movement throughout the UK.
- Closing date for applications is Tuesday 10th December 2019.
- Interviews are due to take place week commencing Monday 16th December 2019.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.