- October 24, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Features, Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases, Videos
Take a bird’s eye view of the North Queensland Stadium. This footage from Friday 4 October 2019 shows the main build works now over 82% complete!
The main concourse concrete pours are complete creating a step free 600m walkway around the stadium. Coming down from the concourse, the northern access ramp is taking shape as it stretches towards the northern ticket gates.
Roof truss installation is on schedule with the flat metal infill sections being placed between each peaked truss. Special weather-resistant fabric is being fitted over the top of the peaked sections and down the outside of the stadium to form the “kites” that will be backlit with vibrant colours for events.
The North Queensland Stadium project is a joint project of the Queensland Government, Australian Government and Townsville City Council, and is supported by both the NRL and the North Queensland Cowboys.
The stadium forms part of the Townsville City Deal signed in December 2016.
- The stadium will have 25,000 seats – 7,000 more seats than the existing 1300SMILES Stadium in Townsville.
- In concert mode, the stadium can accommodate up to 40,000 patrons in the stands and on the field of play.
- About 75 per cent of the seating will be covered by the roof, with generous overhangs over the concourse and main entry.
Project delivery team
The delivery of the North Queensland Stadium project is being led by the Department of State Development, Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning with an experienced team of contractors and consultants including:
- Managing Contractor: Watpac
- Principal Consultant: Cox Architecture
- Audit Quantity Surveyor: AECOM
- Audit Programmer: RCP
The main stadium build commenced on May 1, 2018, with completion due early 2020.
Townsville architects 9Point9 are part of a Cox Architecture-led team chosen to deliver a Pandanus tree-inspired design for the A$250m North Queensland Stadium.
Cox’s design team incorporates a number of specialist consultancies with Townsville offices, including:
- 9point9 Architects
- Ashburner Francis (mechanical and electrical)
- Arup (structural, civil, traffic and transport, Environmentally Sustainable Design/ESD specialists, acoustics)
- Parker Hydraulics
- RPS (landscaping and surveying)
- Douglas Partners (geotechnical)
- Cyclone Testing Station at James Cook University (specialist wind engineering)
Video, courtesy: Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium/VIP/Club Seat & Hospitality sector – is taking place at Croke Park Stadium, October 28-29, where more than 50 experts from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium/VIP/Club Seat & Hospitality sector