- July 26, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, News, Press Releases
Banc of California Stadium has announced this week that the world-class sport and entertainment venue has received LEED Gold Certification for its green building practices, commitment to environmental responsibility and overall sustainability.
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) worked with Gensler during the design process to ensure that sustainable elements of the project were prioritized and retained to achieve this result.
LAFC President and Owner, Tom Penn, said:
We are honored to receive the prestigious LEED Gold Certification seal from USGBC. From the very beginning of this project, we were committed to building an environmentally-friendly stadium, using minimal resources with no environmental impacts. We are proud to be recognized for creating a responsible, sustainable and highly efficient venue in the heart of Los Angeles.
The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for recognising best-in-class building strategies and practices in green building.
Below is a list of notable sustainable accomplishments Banc of California Stadium received from USGBC:
- The stadium project diverted over 97% of total construction and demolition debris, equating to 28,906 tons diverted from the landfill.
- The building design consisted of 15% recycled materials; 10% sourced locally.
- Low emitting materials were used for adhesives, sealants, paints and coatings.
- All flooring was Greenguard certified; composite wood products were urea-formaldehyde free.
- Design included increased numbers of thermal zones to allow for maximising controllability and individual user comfort.
- Ventilation rates were increased 30 percent to provide enhanced interior air quality and improved cognitive function.
- The stadium is 100 percent smoke-free.
- Mechanical conditioning refrigerants with low global warming potential were used.
- Project reduced energy consumption by 30 percent.
- Project reduced water consumption by 40 percent, equating to a savings of over 770,000 gallons of water annually.
- Roof design mitigated heat island effect.
- Catchment basins were designed to capture and treat rainwater for optimized stormwater management.
LEED is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Available for virtually all building, community and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings. LEED certification is a globally recognised symbol of sustainability achievement.
ABOUT BANC OF CALIFORNIA STADIUM
Located in the heart of Los Angeles in Exposition Park, Banc of California Stadium is the first open-air stadium built in the city since Dodger Stadium in 1962.
Home to the Los Angeles Football Club, the stadium is a US$370m, state-of-the-art, world-class venue specifically designed to present all types of star-studded live entertainment and creates an unparalleled fan experience for music, sports, and more.
At a capacity of 23,500 for concerts (22,000 for soccer), the venue’s unique “outdoor arena” design provides for an intimate experience with excellent sightlines of the stage from every seat and superior quality sound throughout the house.
Banc of California Stadium sits atop the hallowed grounds of the former Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, which hosted some of the most legendary music artists of all time – befitting its history, the new stadium continues the tradition of presenting the very best in live entertainment.
Image, courtesy: LAFC
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium/VIP/Club Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October, where speakers from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium/VIP Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments