- July 9, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, News
We’re delighted to bring you the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for not one but two Business Development Executives at the Scottish FA.
The Scottish FA is seeking to recruit 2x Business Development Executives to join our Commercial department. Reporting to the Business Development Manager. This role will have responsibility for generating new business, by contacting individuals and businesses with a view to selling relevant Scottish FA commercial properties. The role will also include some event organisation and delivery.
The ideal candidate is energetic, enthusiastic and financially and professionally ambitious, with an innovative and proactive approach to working. A self-starter, with experience of the whole sales process and well-honed interpersonal and communications skills who is not afraid to suggest new ideas. Although not essential, knowledge of the sports industry, and particularly football, would be advantageous.
The position is based in Glasgow, however occasional travel may be required. Further information on the position can be found in the job description.
Title: Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Competitive salary and benefits package
Overall Purpose of Job:
Reporting directly to the Business Development Manager the Business Development Executive’s main role will be to contact individuals and businesses with a view to selling relevant Scottish FA commercial properties. The role will also include some event organisation and delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and selling sponsorship opportunities that cover all areas of the Scottish FA as defined by the Business Development Manager.
- Develop and maintain a database of business contacts with a view to contacting the various companies on appropriate Scottish FA opportunities.
- Provide administrative support to the Business Development Manager and Commercial Director on key sponsorship projects.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to ensure the smooth running, expansion and professional delivery at all times of the Scottish FA Business Club.
- Create and when appropriate deliver high quality presentations which reflect the commercial strategy of the Scottish FA.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales KPIs.
- Assist on Scottish FA commercial events if and when required, including assisting the marketing team with activation delivery on match nights.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Business Development Manager.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (previously known as GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#SportsVenueBusiness – the leading platform for sector news, views & developments