- June 21, 2019
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is for a Development Manager – Europe at the International Cricket Council (ICC).
The Development Manager (Europe) works to drive the growth of cricket in the Europe region by supporting the International Cricket Council (ICC) Associate Members, managing ICC investment into Associate Members and delivering qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events in Europe. The role is supported by a Development Officer (Europe), a Finance and Operations Officer (Europe) and a part time Regional Officer.
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
The ECB knows that Cricket is a force for good and makes an enduring impact on people’s lives. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion. It’s something for everyone to watch, play or enjoy, across genders, age, disability and diverse communities.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket. The ICC’s Global Development Programme, which in Europe is delivered in partnership with the ECB, has specific strategic objectives aimed at the sustainable growth of the sport globally.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You believe in the power of sport as a force for good.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- You have the energy and passion required to inspire others to perform.
- You have the ability to work with stakeholders from different backgrounds across cultural and national identities.
YOU’LL BE DOING
Providing support to ICC Members across Europe including –
- ‘Desktop’ support to 32 Associate Members.
- Sharing of best practices across members.
- Organising an annual regional conference for all Members in Europe.
- Managing the ICC investment into Associate Members in Europe including annual data collection, membership criteria compliance and ICC development funding policy).
Driving organisational development within Members in Europe by-
- Acting as a ‘critical friend’ to Members at senior management / board level, supporting their organisational development, strategic planning and annual planning.
- Facilitating regular ‘check and challenge’ conversations with Members.
- Playing a key role in Members annual review / planning / budgeting processes and where appropriate provide non-financial support to enhance the capacity of Members.
Managing the delivery of European qualifying events as a pathway to ICC major events by –
- Organising qualifying events to the ICC Cricket World, ICC WT20, ICC U19 Cricket World Cup, ICC Women’s World Cup and ICC Women’s World T20 for Members in Europe, as appropriate.
- Maintaining and growing relationships with other key partners ICC Full Members in Europe (ECB and Cricket Ireland).
- Exploring opportunities for cricket to be part of the European Sporting community.
- Being a key Member of the ICC Global Development Team, connecting regularly with counterparts in other locations
For the full job description as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (previously known as GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#SportsVenueBusiness – the leading platform for sector news, views & developments