- December 17, 2018
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Architecture & Design, Directory
Architecture and Design
COUNTRIES/REGIONS WHERE ACTIVE:
United Kingdom, Asia, including China, Europe and the Middle East, including Qatar.
AFL Architects is an international sports architecture practice and one of the leading specialists in the design of stadia, leisure, training, arena and hospitality facilities. From offices in Manchester, Birmingham, London and Qatar, our sports, interior, masterplanning and graphic design specialists deliver design solutions that challenge conventions and exceed expectations.
With over 50 years’ of experience that began with the redevelopment of one of the most iconic stadiums in the UK, AFL has recently finished delivery of the highest-profile FIFA stadium in the world today.
Our values of collaboration and creative design have been the same since the start – as the purpose and use of venues evolve, we evolve alongside them, designing for changing demographics, new types of events and fan and corporate demands. The result is the formation of client relationships that are maintained over decades, ensuring the long-term viability of their venues.
The trust and respect we have developed with our clients is one of our greatest achievements, and has made AFL one of the most respected sports architecture practices in the UK.
- Old Trafford masterplan, Manchester United FC
- Anfield Stadium, Kop Grandstand and Centenary Stand, Liverpool FC
- High-profile stadium delivery, 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar
- Stamford Bridge redevelopment, Chelsea Football Club
- Brentford Community Stadium, Brentford Football Club
- The Den expansion, Millwall FC
- Dalian Training Facility, Wanda Group, China
- Yunnan Kehua Football masterplan including training grounds, stadium, hotel and associated facilities, Kunming, China
- Cobham Training Facility, Chelsea Football Club
- USM Finch Farm Academy and Training Facility, Everton Football Club
- Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton Football Club
- Carrington Training Ground, Manchester United FC
- Peter Mokaba Stadium, 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Ashgabat National Stadium, 2017 Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games
- Bonus Arena, Hull City Council for City of Culture 2017
- Ataturk Olympic Stadium redevelopment for UEFA Champions League Final 2020
- National BMX Arena, London 2012 Olympics
- Welford Road Redevelopment, Leicester Tigers
- Molineux Stadium masterplan and redevelopment, Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground Redevelopment, Warwickshire County Cricket Club
Full company name: AFL Architects
Contact name: Claire Gilchrist, Marketing Manager
Address: St George’s House, 56 Peter Street, Manchester, M2 3NQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)161 236 6263
STATEMENT BY COMPANY PRINCIPAL/MISSION STATEMENT:
AFL Architects is an international sports and leisure specialist, designing and delivering world-class venues, training facilities and overlays for major events. We are committed to developing collaborative, long-term relationships with our clients to ensure the creation of design solutions which are challenging, sensitive, exciting and designed to exceed expectations.
Main image (top): Lusail Stadium for FIFA’s 2022 World Cup in Qatar