- August 31, 2018
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Event News, Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News, Press Releases
We’re delighted to be able to bring you details on the latest ‘Job of the Week’ – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for an Event Manager at the UEFA Europa League Final.
The Event Manager plans and manages the annual UEFA Europa League final in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Devising a strategy and project implementation concept for the UEFA Europa League final, including scope, deliverables, project risks and dependencies;
- Assuming all project management duties, including planning the event and setting milestones;
- Assuming project budget responsibility;
- Agreeing on service levels and resource usage with internal competence centres, including a staff deployment plan;
- Planning, preparing, overseeing and closing the event in general;
- Running UEFA’s project team during the preparation stage and on-site;
- Overseeing, guiding and aligning all subprojects (competence centres) involved in the final;
- Ensuring delivery of the event in line with the objectives;
- Negotiating with stadium suppliers;
- Conducting the debriefing;
- Closing the event accounts in close cooperation with the finance division;
- Running a project team in a matrix structure and being accountable for the successful operation of the UEFA Europa League final.
- Allocating venue facilities to various target groups;
- Providing all stakeholders with key information about the venue;
- Planning, conducting and overseeing site visits;
- Compiling advertising cover-up requirements to be shared internally and with the local organising committee;
- Ensuring the local organising committee (LOC) meets the minimum medical requirements;
- Assisting the local organising committee with spectator services to be provided/upgraded;
- Drawing up the requirements for disabled access in conjunction with CAFE (Centre for Access to Football in Europe) and the venue itself;
- Assisting the venue director in meetings with the (potential) finalist clubs.
Dialogue partner with LOC/external stakeholders
- Acting as the main contact for the LOC as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- From 4 to 6 years as an event and/or venue manager organising major sports events, including at least two years as event project leader
- More than 7 years in the sports industry, including at least one year in football
- Bachelor’s in marketing sports management or related to the event industry
- English / Proficient
- Languages other than English would be an asset
- Strong leadership, communication, negotiation and project management skills
- Works well under pressure
- Enjoys working in a multicultural team environment
- Able to identify and evaluate existing or potential problems
- Willing to travel
- General knowledge of football
- Budget Management / Proficient
- MS Office / Proficient
- Project Management / Proficient
The Union of European Football Associations is the administrative body for association football in Europe.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: https://www.globalsportsjobs.com/job/965859/event-manager-uefa-europa-league-final-/