- September 13, 2017
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News
This week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW) is a vacancy for an Event Management and Commercial Manager at Major Events International (MEI).
Opportunity for somebody with no less than 4 years’ experience of leading the delivery of seminars and the equivalent of a mid-sized annual summit. A strong commercial background to negotiate Value-in-Kind contra deals and identification and engagement with sponsors is essential.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To lead the day to day management of a rolling 12 month programme of an average of 10 key activities within this time period. This involves effective planning and coordination, finding venues and related infrastructure and planning all support catering and staffing. On event days, lead the on-site team.
The role also involves pursing commercial opportunities relating to these activities. Examples include seeking Contra deals to reduce the costs of events, identification of key sponsors and partners.
Input into the Communication and Marketing campaign is also essential and coordination of these activities is central to the overall purpose of the delivery of well planned, well attended, financially successful and high international profile prestigious events.
Directly to MEI’s CEO
Key Applicant Requirements:
- Outstanding organisational skills and understanding of event planning and delivery
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to brief up to mid-sized audiences
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Strong commercial orientation
- Meet pre-agreed monthly revenue and key output targets
- Exceed key account clients and partner expectations
- Rigorous planning skills and supervision of execution
- Understand how to achieve a high market profile through partnerships, quality of marketing and communication material
Place of Employment:
- Central London
- Occasional visits to client offices and external events
Ways of Working:
- This is a standard office hours’ role, less attendance at events, meeting deadlines which will require occasional extended hours
- Some international travel will be necessary for maximum 10 days
Remuneration and employment terms:
- Base Salary plus opportunities for commission beyond cost recovery
- Pre agreed expenses to be confirmed in writing and paid monthly
- Pro-rata holiday entitlement
Each of the featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board, powered by GlobalSportsJobs.