- August 30, 2017
- Posted by: SportsV
- Categories: Home News, Industry News, Jobs News, News
This week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW) is a vacancy for a Central Services Coordinator at the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA).
Division / Unit: Operations / Event Operations
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: 16.10.2017
The Central Services Coordinator will assess, plan and ensure delivery of key event services for UEFA staff, freelancers and suppliers working across certain UEFA national team and club competitions. The main focus of the role will be on the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League (including the finals), the European Qualifiers and the UEFA Nations League.
Within the Event Operations Unit, Central Services manage accommodation and travel services in coordination with an accommodation and travel agency. Additional support services include handing accreditation requests, uniform and catering needs and helping to maintain the overall staffing plan. The Central Services Coordinator will be part of a dynamic team and will need to work closely with internal stakeholders as well as external suppliers.
- Coordinating hotel allotments for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches; assisting in managing overall hotel operations for each match for staff, suppliers, sponsors and broadcast partners, in liaison with the accommodation agency;
- Coordinating the travel process for all venue teams travelling to matches in the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and European Qualifiers;
- Setting up, managing and updating competition staffing plans and event service requests, including the necessary data collection and data entry into the main database;
- Coordinating and taking part in needs assessment meetings with internal project teams and serving as the main point of contact for project leaders and suppliers for staffing-plan-related queries;
- Assisting with the overall hotel concept for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League finals, coordinating hotel allotments and managing all travel requests;
- Ensuring that UEFA policies are implemented within their area of influence;
- In case of need, supporting colleagues in the organisation of other events.
- from 1 to 3 years in large-event transport and accommodation planning and management
- from 1 to 3 years in the organisation of large-scale sports or corporate events an advantage
- from 1 to 3 years working on-site at international sports event or with event-planning databases an advantage
- Degree in tourism, hotel or travel qualification advantageous
- English / Proficient
- French / Advanced
- At ease working with databases
- Good organisational skills
- Good understanding of the event/hotel industry
- At ease with figures
- Willing to travel (15-20%)
- MS Office / Proficient
- Project Management / Advanced
The Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) is the administrative body for association football in Europe.
For further details or to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/8B0i6s
Check out further vacancies at UEFA at: https://www.globalsportsjobs.com/employer/293/uefa/
Each of the featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board, powered by GlobalSportsJobs.