JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Professional Tennis Operations, Tennis Australia
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Head of Professional Tennis Operations at Tennis Australia.
Role model Grand Slam champions in Ash Barty and Dylan Alcott, one million tennis participants and record numbers in fan engagement – it is an exciting time for Tennis in Australia and Tennis Australia has big plans to continue to grow the game. To do this, they are looking for a Head of Professional Tennis Operations to join their team and guide the development, delivery and operationalisation of the core activities that support their elite athletes on the global stage.
With the ultimate aim to achieve world grand slam tennis champions that they can be proud of, and high performing Australian teams, this role will work closely with Tennis Australia’s Director of Professional Tennis to best support their elite players in the delivery of their personalised development plans.
The role will be charged with fostering an inclusive culture across Australian tennis, where Australian players exhibit an unwavering commitment to the values of the game, not only during major team events such as the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, but each time they walk onto a court.
This role operates in a complex environment, has a strong hands-on component and will be required to actively communicate, consult and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally. Critical to success will be an ability to build effective relationships and networks in order to drive continuous improvement in the performances of its most elite athletes.
In this role you will:
- Facilitate the co-creation of the new player-centric development plans
- Deliver the operational strategic direction of the Professional Tennis team, working with the leadership team to ensure resources are maximised across the elite environment
- Implement and deliver on the “player centric” development plans and negotiated commitments
- Involved in the development of operational policies and procedures and responsible for the maintenance and review.
- Support the Tennis Australia athlete wellbeing program in relation to holistic player medical management
- Manage the calendar of Professional Teams support structure in line with the Tournament Calendar.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed mentoring and community tennis commitments – in line with the TA organisational values
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Experience leading high performance sport, both directly with players and in influencing the environments of players
- Proven experience in sports administration, including the development of long term strategic plans, leadership of remote staff and management of large budgets
- Experience in developing and embedding systems and processes to support the delivery of athlete services on time and within budget
- Demonstrable experience in leading cultural change at elite level sport
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced and complex environment
- Be a strategic thinker with the ability to influence at all levels
- A tertiary qualification in Sports Administration is highly desirable.
- An alignment with the Tennis values of Excellence, Humility, Loyalty and Teamwork, ensuring a culture of inclusivity across all elements of professional tennis
- Preparedness to be flexible in regard to working hours and travel as required
- Willingness to obtain a Working with Children Check & National Police Check
If you think you’re up to the challenge, Tennis Australia would love to hear from you! For more information and a copy of the position description, please click apply. Please submit your resume via our online application system. Please note, only applications submitted through our system will be considered.
Applications close Saturday 24th August 2019 at 11:00pm, however if a suitable candidate is identified applications may close earlier.
To find out more about this role and apply for this exciting position, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports ( GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium/VIP/Club Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October, where speakers from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium/VIP Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments