JOB OF THE WEEK: Project Manager, Tournament Readiness & Coordination, ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for a Project Manager, Tournament Readiness & Coordination, at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are introducing this role to lead on the development and implementation of a Tournament-wide operational readiness strategy and programme, that ensures internal and external stakeholders are prepared and ready to deliver an outstanding, safe and successful Tournament. The role also supports the wider Operations Team through development and maintenance of a detailed programme plan, with associated monitoring and reporting.
You’ll love this job if:
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are outcome focussed, with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient and cost-effective waysto deliver a range of support services to stakeholders.
- You are a clear communicator that leads by example and establishes strong professionalrelationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You’ll be doing:
- Developing the strategic objectives and Functional Area operations plan for Tournament Readiness and Coordination, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements.
- Leading on the development and implementation of an organisation wide operational readiness programme, including delivery of activities and events that ensures effective cross-organisation and stakeholder collaboration to deliver an outstanding, safe and successful Tournament.
- Establishing the strategy for Tournament wide coordination and reporting for Tournament Time, including the implementation of an agreed communication, command and control structure at venues and operating in conjunction with key delivery partners.
- Supporting all Functional Areas within the Operations Team for the development, monitoring and implementation of an effective programme plan that achieves cross-organisation and stakeholder integration.
- Leading on identification of Operations risks and issues, and compilation of reports, aligned to the agreed wider Tournament programme management process; monitoring alignment with agreed client service levels.
- Contributing to the identified Venue Planning process to ensure consistent, seamless integration and delivery of all operational elements across the organisation.
- Delivering briefings on relevant operational readiness and Tournament Time coordination to CWC2019 staff, the ICC, identified venues and other key stakeholders, prior to and during the Tournament as identified.
- Extensive strategic and operational experience planning and delivering international events, with cricket knowledge and tournament operations a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and decision-making skills, liaising with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business, with a focus on achieving integrated plans and operational efficiencies.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective internal and external stakeholder relationships, including with the ICC, venues and appointed contractors.
- Experience working within a multi-dimensional large-scale project or series of projects within a fixed timeframe and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to support a diverse Team, whilst ensuring achievement of organisational wide alignment and programme management.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, systems and reports.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
Applicants should have the right to work in the UK, refer to the Job Description and respond with a maximum 2-page cover letter outlining their relevant experience for the role, together with a supporting CV. All information should be merged and submitted in one saved document (either Word or PDF) by the closing date with the subject identifier formatted as follows:
CWC19 Project Manager, Tournament Readiness & Coordination – Your Name
If you are intending to apply, please do so at the earliest possible date rather than leaving it to the closing date.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/DlgxPF
Each of our featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…